Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    beccasanders Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2006, 09:00 AM
    Power of Attorney
    If you have issued a power of attorney in the past, is there a time this expires? How do you revoke a power of attorney if you do not know if it is still in effect?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 5, 2006, 09:25 AM
    Hello becca:

Some expire, some don't. It depends on the reason it was issued.

Your question, begs other questions. You HAVE issued at least one POA. To whom, and why do you suspect that it's being used now? Are you in communication with that person? Why don't you call them, and ask them to send you a copy of the POA you gave them? If you have some idea that it's being used or abused, contact the entity with whom you believe the POA is being used. They have a copy. Ask them to send you one.

Of course, IF the POA is being abused, then in addition to requesting a copy of the POA, ORDER THEM TO IMMEDIATELY STOP DOING WHAT THEY'RE DOING!!

Now, maybe I'm reading too much into this. If you just want a blanket revocation, I would see an attorney. If I'm NOT reading too much into this, you better see an attorney this afternoon.

excon
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 5, 2006, 11:09 AM
    I see the same question that excon raises. But, you can just revoke the POA in a written and witnessed statement. You would then have to file a copy with any entity where you have assets.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I file chapter 7 as a power of attorney [ 1 Answers ]

I am POA for my father he almost died in feb 06. He is in a board and care and the costs are too much to pay any of his credit card debit. He only owns a car and has a pension and social security that totals 3400.00 mth. He owes about 28k in credit cards. We're about 3mth behind in payments. ...

Power of attorney info? [ 2 Answers ]

I need info for a speech to teenagers on this subject.

Power of Attorney? [ 2 Answers ]

I will most likely not be present when we close on our house. I want to handwrite a power of attorney and get it notarized. Will this be sufficient? Here is an example of what I will write: To Whom It May Concern: I, insert name, born on insert date with social security number insert...

Power of attorney info [ 1 Answers ]

I ned info for a speech to teenagers

View more questions Search