hognut Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2010, 06:48 PM
    Gas gauge 2001 z71
    Gas gauge jumps around when moving
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Apr 28, 2010, 06:53 PM

I assume this is for a car.

The damping is a combination of the regulator and the gauge.

The gage is usually oil filled and slow responding, thus I would suspect that.

The regulator usually supplies a pulse. This minimizes power dissapation.

The float rarely is part of the damping system.
    Rover88 Posts: 68, Reputation: 14

Apr 30, 2010, 06:30 AM

I've had this problem for years with my 2000 Z71. I was told by the dealer (several times) that it "must be a loose ground somewhere." My fuel pump died about six weeks ago (after hitting a GIANT pothole); once the pump was replaced (an "all-in-one" unit inside the tank), no more problem. I might add that the fuel pump is expensive.
    Bill

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it safe to replacing a lighter gauge wire with a heavier gauge [ 11 Answers ]

Hi all, One of my baseboard heater (240v)'s wire was broken can I replace it with a heavier gauge wire? Also can different gauge ground wires (copper wire) be connected with a wire-nut? IS THIS SAFE TO DO? OR Will this create a fire hazard?

2001 chrysler town and country oil gauge comes on [ 1 Answers ]

My 2001 town and country (3.8 engine) engine light came on a couple of weeks ago, I checked most things I can check visually and found the oil about a quart low so I added the oil and disconnected the battery to reset the alarm. About a week later the light came on again then the oil light started...

Fuel gauge on 96 chevy Z71 doesn't work [ 5 Answers ]

I just bought a 96 Chevy Z71 truck. The fuel gauge wasn't working so I had a new fuel pump and sending unit put in but it still doesn't work. If it is the gauge, can it be fixed without sending the whole cluster in for repair? Or does anyone have any other suggestions?

View more questions Search