Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sabrewolfe Posts: 420, Reputation: 96

Apr 28, 2010, 02:58 PM
    Rubber
    I have a question about manufacturing rubber. I want to know if there is any way to form, mold, or whatever has to be done in order to make things out of rubber and what would be involved. Can rubber be melted and reformed?
    I know that this is probably not a question for most people. If there is anyone that can give me some more insight, I would appreciate it.
    Thanks.
    admin_atf Posts: 17, Reputation: -2
    -

Apr 28, 2010, 03:12 PM

Rubber has to be cured once its molded in design. This curing process basically makes the rubber unable to reuse. There ar eprocess to reclaim rubber but not all and its still not the same.

20+ years as Rubber lab Tech/Chemist

Apr 28, 2010, 03:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by admin_atf View Post
    Rubber has to be cured once its molded in design. This curing process basically makes the rubber unable to reuse. There ar eprocess to reclaim rubber but not all and its still not the same.

20+ years as Rubber lab Tech/Chemist
    What tangible ingredients could be bought to do this myself and how would I do so?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Apr 28, 2010, 04:28 PM

Take a look here for some casting info: Lifecasting, Mold Making, Molding Materials, and Casting Materials from EnvironMolds

Apr 28, 2010, 05:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KeepItSimpleStupid View Post
    Thank you for the website, but Im not looking to cast life-like parts. Im looking to make my own sort of rubber belt for something Im making. Kind of like a wide rubber band, but has a weird shape, something I can't cut out of sheets of rubber, or slice together. It has to be continuous, strong like a belt you might find in a dryer, and flexible.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Apr 28, 2010, 06:14 PM

Here is something just for rubber casting:

How to Make Rubber Parts

I did replace a dryer fan belt and your right that is a strong version of rubber.
    seanlsy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2011, 06:28 AM
    Rubber can be manufactured in molding,extruding and ejection,please refer to molded rubber parts for rubber molding

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Rubber Roof [ 3 Answers ]

How cold is too cold to have a rubber roof installed? Does that vary by manufacturer?

Rubber molds [ 1 Answers ]

Is rubber porous? How are rubber molds created?

Rubber O-Ring? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello everyone and thanks in advance for any help. Just bought a new house 2 months ago and one of the upstairs showers seems to be leaking. We already cut out a section of the ceiling to get a better look, and it looks like the previous owner was aware of it or something because previous...

View more questions Search