Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 28, 2010, 01:55 PM
    New doggy!! New doggy!!
    A few months ago I connected with a lovely dog at a client's house that belonged to one of the workers helping renovate. Her name is Brook and she is a mix, medium size and the two of us just could not keep our paws/hands off each other ! I sort of knew her owner couldn't keep her (heck he couldn't even feed her) so I asked if he was looking for a new home for Brook. He said yes, but was intending to take her with him (to live in a cage all day) and thought he and she could manage. Also noticed he was really jealous of the connection her and I had. He eventually left and Brook went to my client's sister. I thought that was the end of it until today when I went there again, and she asked if I still wanted Brook. DO I WANT BROOK HECK YA

So where Brook is living now, at my client's sister's, the sis is going to call me so she can bring Brook out to my place. She will have to be neutered and trained for the invisible fencing... no problem. My son will be here until August.

I am so excited. It absolutely made my day. She is such a lovely dog with a tremendous personality. I don't know what she is. She is black and tan, face is pitbullish, but not too sure if she is and she is three, had a litter unfortunately, I think only one and she wasn't looked after all that well. She could be many things, but most of all SHE WILL BE MINE.

A HAPPY TICK
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Apr 28, 2010, 02:00 PM

Aww that's great Tick!

Congrats on your new family member!

When can we expect pictures?? :D
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Apr 28, 2010, 02:15 PM

I'll second that, Shaz.

PICS!!!
    Expert

Apr 28, 2010, 03:29 PM

Thanks guys, but she hasn't called yet and if they want to find a home you would think they would do LIKE NOW. Yes, pics for sure, as soon as I get her home with me.
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Apr 29, 2010, 08:53 AM

YA!! Tick I am SO happy for you!! :D :D :D Can't wait to see the pics!

{{{HUGS}}}
    Expert

Apr 29, 2010, 09:38 AM

Hi bella, shaz, cats, looks like she is bringing Brook on Saturday, but I am not holding out hoping, these people are really so unreliable ! Chris (my son) and I are so excited you can't imagine. Chris, though, is moving back to Toronto late summertime, husband is not that great company, so Brook will be doubly welcome. I can't have her on the bed though, as I did with my other dogs, just too much to clean up, and anyway, my bed is always completely white with down duvet, so it won't work. Apparently Brook is used to cuddling, so there will be a lot of nonononononononono.

Keep you posted and if she comes on Sat. you will have a pic!

Tick with the pic
    Dogs Expert

Apr 29, 2010, 09:43 AM

Do you know what type of mix she is

You could always get a nice new fluffy bed for her and put it beside yours. Lady has a big green furry one and she sleeps right beside my bed. She always scares the B'jesus out of me when I stick my foot out of the covers and she licks my toes. :rolleyes:
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 29, 2010, 09:55 AM

This is great news Tick. I can't wait to see the pictures.

Congrats to both you and Brook. She's a lucky dog. :)
    Expert

Apr 29, 2010, 11:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora_Bell View Post
    Do you know what type of mix she is

You could always get a nice new fluffy bed for her and put it beside yours. Lady has a big green furry one and she sleeps right beside my bed. She always scares the B'jesus out of me when I stick my foot out of the covers and she licks my toes. :rolleyes:
    No, don't know what mix, and I don't think there is a chance of finding out now, but as soon as you see her pic you would probably take a guess. I can only guess; she does have the pitbull face (or whatever they are called now). If anyone notices in town and they vaguely think she is, there is a pitbull ban here and they all have to be muzzled. I don't have a problem with that and would comply without arguing. I mean what's the point unless one wants to start trouble. Anyway, she has a great temperament.

Tick
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Apr 29, 2010, 11:58 AM

Congratulations!
    Can't wait to see the pics.:D
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Apr 29, 2010, 12:22 PM

Tick, I am very happy for both you. :)

I will be good and wait patiently for pictures.
    Expert

Apr 29, 2010, 12:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat1864 View Post
    Tick, I am very happy for both you. :)

I will be good and wait patiently for pictures.
    You, you just want to see if she looks like a pittbull then you are going to say something and get me all upset. You can't fool me guys... just wait... :rolleyes:

Tick
    Marriage Expert

Apr 29, 2010, 01:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    ya, you just wanna see if she looks like a pittbull then you are going to say something and get me all upset. You can't fool me guys........just wait....:rolleyes:

tick
    From your description, I am leaning toward a boxer/rottie mix. :)
    thisisit Posts: 406, Reputation: 57

Apr 29, 2010, 01:27 PM

That is great news! I'm happy for you :)
    Expert

Apr 29, 2010, 02:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat1864 View Post
    From your description, I am leaning toward a boxer/rottie mix. :)
    Yes, but no boxer. Rottie I would agree with. I know we all endow our dogs with super human, intelligent properties, but Brook is well trained, noticed she sits and listens before following a direction. I can't see her previous owner training her this well, he was lazy, whatever, but he did have her from a pup. My feelings are she is just a really smart doggie and also very independent and stubborn. We will see, won't we, Cat

Thanks for the input I am getting excited as you know, but this woman is so bloody flaky.

Trepiditious tick
    Expert

Apr 29, 2010, 02:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by thisisit View Post
    That is great news! I'm happy for you :)
    Thanks, this, I appreciate you noticing. We just go on, don't we, not necessarily wanting to replace a very loved pet, but wanting to have that particular 'spirit' around. Kind of hard to explain. Miss a dog in my life; and I wasn't finding anything after I knew, a few months ago, I couldn't have Brook.

Happy tick
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 29, 2010, 03:46 PM
    ya, you just wanna see if she looks like a pittbull then you are going to say something and get me all upset. You can't fool me guys........just wait....:rolleyes:

tick
    Not at all Kit. I'm a firm believer that it's not the breed of the dog that matters, it's the training and the love of the owner.

From what you've said I think she's going to be a great addition to your family. I'm so very happy for you. The love of a dog is an amazing thing.

Can't wait for the pictures, but I'll be patient. It's this Saturday, right? So we can expect pictures on Saturday? No pressure, but have that camera ready. :)
    Dogs Expert

Apr 29, 2010, 03:54 PM

I agree with Alty. I'm sure you know I own one American Staff, and one Staffy mix. All part of the American Pit bull family.

I have a small child, and although I would never leave them alone together (I wouldn't with any dog), they have the most laid back temperament I have ever had with any breed of dog. Hyper and rambunctious as pup and young dogs, but as they age become great couch potatoes. I know mine love lazing around all day on their couches and bed. Of course neither one would pass up the opportunity for a long walk, a good rum (ha, ha I had to leave that in. I meant run) or a good swim.

Ok there's my rant. I love the breed, and would only tell you great things about them!

Congrats again! :)
    Expert

Apr 29, 2010, 04:01 PM

Hey, guys I have no worries. I love all the mixes.
    Marriage Expert

Apr 29, 2010, 04:01 PM
    yes, but no boxer. Rottie I would agree with.
    I was just trying to pick two plausible breeds. I agree with Alty that it is the owner's love, care and training that counts more than the breed or mix of breeds.

Brook sounds wonderful and like you both need each other. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Doggy Boots [ 7 Answers ]

Have any of you had experience with doggy boots? If you have had success with them, which are the best kinds on the market? What is the difference between them? I'm also looking for other rainy day options. It's for an English cocker spaniel. Thanks!

Doggy daycare [ 6 Answers ]

Does anyone think I could start a doggy daycare business living out in the country? The closest city is not very big either.

Doggy refuses to eat doggy food. [ 1 Answers ]

I have a west highland terrier which has been with me for 9 months and recently I just brought him to a doggy's restaurant. Apparently, he has not been the same ever since he came back after the treat and didn't want to touch his dry food anymore. It is actually a far cry from what he was when he...

How much for this doggy [ 1 Answers ]

I have a sclupture that is signed by G. Gori. It is a statue of a lady walking a large great dane that is set on a marble base. I believe this is an Italian artist that worked in the early 1900's. Can anyone tell me more or what its worth and if its of value where to sell it?

Funny Doggy [ 2 Answers ]

Hiya, My 4yr old black labrador Deefa has starting behaving rather odd. He's quite a nervous dog anyway but recently he keeps coming up to either me, my parents or my sister and crying as if he wants something, we give him fresh water, food, cuddles etc etc but he still doesn't settle. This...

View more questions Search