Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 9, 2010, 02:42 PM

I'm guessing beagle, dachshund (because of the coloring) and then some larger breed because both those wouldn't add up to her size. From that picture I don't see any pit, but a profile picture would be better to determine that.

I'm almost thinking there might be some rottie in there, mainly because of the coloring, not any of the features.

Just a guess. No matter what breeds are in there, they all work very well together, she's absolutely beautiful.
    thisisit Posts: 406, Reputation: 57

May 9, 2010, 04:02 PM

She's very cute and loveable looking, tickle! Glad you were able to save her. I hope she and Pickle learn to get along very quickly!

Happy Mother's Day
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

May 9, 2010, 09:58 PM

Awwww she's gorgeous, I agree with Alty in saying there might be some Dachshund in there. Maybe on of the parents was a Pit x Doxie or a Beagle x Doxie.
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

May 10, 2010, 04:46 AM

Brooke is a beautiful dog tickle :)

She looks strangely familiar to me... :confused: Yes, she is very much like my first dog... except the latter had a darker muzzle.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 15, 2010, 12:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown008 View Post
    Brooke is a beautiful dog tickle :)

She looks strangely familiar to me... :confused: Yes, she is very much like my first dog... except the latter had a darker muzzle.
    Hi unk and everyone, thanks for the reply unk. Brook has one eyebrow lighter then other, gives her a quizzacle look.

So, update on Brook. Coming along fine, not posting because I am a busy lady trying to make a buck as everyone else is I am sure ;), Doing many things besides by regular job and am glad my son is here (but not for long) to pick up the slack around here.

Brook is absolutely wonderful after two weeks now. Her and I go out at 6am every morning to walk the neighbourhood and I really enjoy the solitude at that time, but our small town is becoming pretty busy lately. Big do this summer to celebrate the anniversary of the Prince of Wales coming to christen the town in the l850s. Actually, our town's name was spelled wrong and it stuck unfortunately because of all the excitement back then with him visiting and all the eligible 'maidens' being brought out for the different balls he was attending. Anyway...

Brook had her first bath (with me) today, the hound in her finds all the yucky stuff in the yard (lot of pine trees, etc.) from visiting animals during the night; she likes sleeping under the covers, so crawls down at my top end but really good through the night. I am really sorry I encouraged this sleeping in my bed (although I always had my dog with me at night) but I couldn't think of any other way to make her feel welcome in the household. However the die is cast and she is not a bad sleeping partner (hubby is in another room for various reasons I will not elaborate on here).

Took her for a car ride, not acceptable, that needs work. Couldn't get back in my car at the liquor store with all regulars looking on and guffawing. They will eat their shirts next time when they see how well she has come along.

I was told she was not socialized very well (understatement) with others, so walking Brook and fielding from another dog being walked is not a pretty sight. So maybe shaz has some hints on that aspect of our activities.

Happy tick
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

May 16, 2010, 05:44 PM

Tick

Hope you don't mind me posting this here , but for anyone who loves Dogs this is a really inspiring video.

YouTube - From service dog to SURFice dog - Inspirational video

Edit: Congrats on 10000 posts Tick :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Doggy Boots [ 7 Answers ]

Have any of you had experience with doggy boots? If you have had success with them, which are the best kinds on the market? What is the difference between them? I'm also looking for other rainy day options. It's for an English cocker spaniel. Thanks!

Doggy daycare [ 6 Answers ]

Does anyone think I could start a doggy daycare business living out in the country? The closest city is not very big either.

Doggy refuses to eat doggy food. [ 1 Answers ]

I have a west highland terrier which has been with me for 9 months and recently I just brought him to a doggy's restaurant. Apparently, he has not been the same ever since he came back after the treat and didn't want to touch his dry food anymore. It is actually a far cry from what he was when he...

How much for this doggy [ 1 Answers ]

I have a sclupture that is signed by G. Gori. It is a statue of a lady walking a large great dane that is set on a marble base. I believe this is an Italian artist that worked in the early 1900's. Can anyone tell me more or what its worth and if its of value where to sell it?

Funny Doggy [ 2 Answers ]

Hiya, My 4yr old black labrador Deefa has starting behaving rather odd. He's quite a nervous dog anyway but recently he keeps coming up to either me, my parents or my sister and crying as if he wants something, we give him fresh water, food, cuddles etc etc but he still doesn't settle. This...

View more questions Search