Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gargar Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2010, 08:08 AM
    Landline phone ask me to set up a mailbox even though I had the phone for 20 years.
    How come a phone I had for such a long time all of a sudden is asking me to set up a mailbox like I'm setting up a new number with the phone company? Also, the number that appears on others caller ID is different from mine. Can anyone explain how that happens. Thanks.
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Apr 27, 2010, 08:12 AM

I would call your service provider maybe they applied changes to your account and it was meant for a different customer.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 27, 2010, 08:18 AM

Yes, sounds like a mix up on the provider side.
    gargar Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2010, 08:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by spitvenom View Post
    I would call your service provider maybe they applied changes to your account and it was meant for a different customer.
    The phone company is coming to fix it but since they gave me a stupid answer when I asked why this happens, I want to see if anyone knows why this happens. Here's the stupid answer I received from the phone company. " These things happen periodically? Great Answer! Right?
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Apr 27, 2010, 09:42 AM

What that answer means is the Problem Exists Between Chair and Keyboard.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Apr 27, 2010, 11:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by spitvenom View Post
    What that answer means is the Problem Exists Between Chair and Keyboard.
    This in reference to the PHONE COMPANY's excusses and not the Original Poster

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Landline phone repair [ 9 Answers ]

My landline phone does not work.when I called the service provider phone co,they said the problem is inside the house. To fix the same they asking me to pay for the charges.

Others get an echo from my landline phone [ 2 Answers ]

Other people get an echo on their phone when they call my landline phone. They also get is when I call them. This happens to others on their landlines and also cell phones, local and long distance calls. We have purchased 3 different phones but still there. Phone company did a test and said it is...

Why is my landline phone buzzing? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi my landline phone has stopped working due to a continuous buzz when I pick it up. We have taken the phone outside and tried it on the dmark box and we get the same thing. Even bought a new phone,same problem. This is confusing me very much though because my dsl still works and it has to have a...

Landline phone wiring [ 6 Answers ]

Today, out of the blue, by home phone began to have problems with incoming calls. If you are calling the house, you will hear a partial ring, then lot's of static. Eventually the line will disconnect. If you are in the house and pick up the phone, after the initial partial ring, the call will...

Humm on landline phone [ 4 Answers ]

I have a humm on my home landline phone. I have gone to the csu box on the side of my house and lifted the leads coming into my house. I go directly on the leads coming into the box from the telephone pole and still hear the humm. It gets worse when it rains. I have contacted my service...

View more questions Search