Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Apr 26, 2010, 10:14 PM
    No. Sammy Sosa did NOT use these products.
    If you hear people saying Sammy Sosa used this brand or that brand... they are seriously lying ;)

Name:  sammy skin care philosophy.jpg
Views: 6385
Size:  88.7 KB

On here some people... mentioned brands that Sosa never actually used and made me laugh quite a lot, so you can se who was pushing what there.. hmm. Anyway, keep in mind what he used was based in Europe, and he possibly may endorse it (whether a joke or not).

More on it here:
    Lighten Up! A History of Sammy Sosa’s Biggest Fails | Complex Blog

Now that that part is over. Would you use what he had used (as in lightening agents)? I'm thinking whatever he used it looks as if it caused patchiness on his skin.
    imgorgeous Posts: 385, Reputation: 14

Apr 26, 2010, 11:50 PM

Honestly speaking.. Notice his first picture. He is not just dark but has TOO MANY SCARS in his face.

Whereas with the bleached look the scars appearance is much lesser too.

You know everyone is criticising him. If they don't like what he has done to himself, why do people keep asking for what he has used ?

How does it matter?

Apr 26, 2010, 11:52 PM

But answering your question, if I know that this cream he used does not have mercury or hq or steroids in it, yes I would use it.

I have used mercury and hq products in the past. But currently I sort of freaked out with it, with all the articles of mercury settling in the brain and stuff.

So I don't wish to risk it anymore . And I am SURE he has used something that contains MERCURY or STEROIDS.

The colour he has is just not something you get from using Hydroquinone, Monobenzone or Glutathione
    mistyjane Posts: 271, Reputation: 59

Apr 27, 2010, 04:45 AM

I don't know what he used but I don't want to have this type of skin color. Don't like it, don't think it would match my features.
    What is his color? GREY?
    I think he was looking good with dark skin even if his complexion isn't flawless...

Apr 27, 2010, 05:25 AM

I think ebony, chocolate or caramel complexion looks MARVELLOUS when its blemish and scar free.

Skin like Sosa's with scars looked quite unattractive IMPO
    SouthAfricacute Posts: 140, Reputation: 18

Apr 27, 2010, 06:02 AM

His complexion surely lightened up.
    Its "white" wonder what he used
    And if his going to endorse it its most likely going to be expensive

Or maybe it wasn't a cream of any kind but the alleged steroids his ingested or the years,could be a side effect
    Maybe his using the "cream" alibi to lure people away from the fact that steroids have bleached him
    Some one on this forum said that they had a steriod injection and it bleached or rather dipegmented a part of his or hers foot so maybe years of injecting or taking streriods makes you white because the complexion he has is nearly "ghost white" not natural at all.

And let's be honest why didn't he bleach before why now,why when his retired and not in the spotlight like he was before.

He didn't mind being dark when he was at the peek of his career and only now when his out of the sportlight?
    naturallyme Posts: 13, Reputation: 3

Apr 28, 2010, 10:26 AM

He should have stayed out of the spotlight while bleaching because people have criticized him so much for it. I know he must regret coming out and letting the public see he has altered himself.
    fairr Posts: 285, Reputation: 6

Apr 28, 2010, 02:18 PM

LOL
    Nur76 are saying that he used theur product!
    What a joke
    From their website:
    Sammy Sosa Skin Lightening - Nur76
    "Sammy Sosa has admitted to using a European Skin Lightening cream"
    The ex-baseball star Sammy Sosa has been creating waves in the news regarding his new lighter shade of skin. The star claimed that he'd been using a European skin lightening cream which has had the skin lightening effect on his skin. Sosa's marketing team have confirmed he may promote the product in the USA but there is no confirmation of this.

It's not difficult to determine the cream which Sosa may be using. Nur76 is the leading Skin Lightening cream in Europe which has thousands of customers of which include high profile celebrity clients who they make custom formulations for.

The Nur76 skin lightening cream doesn't just lighten the skin but also has profound anti-ageing effects which has a huge selling point as a dual function cream. THe all natural cream is now finding it's way into the USA and now available online with free shipping to all locations in the USA.
    BrownDeceit Posts: 366, Reputation: 24

May 1, 2010, 07:40 PM

I honestly don't like his new color. I think it looks ghostly. I think everyone looks good with a little bit of color in them. Like Alicia Keys and Sade are light but they're not just downright ghostly white. They have a little bit of color to them. I think it's weird when people over-bleach and look downright ghostly!

May 1, 2010, 10:27 PM

Oh I honestly think everyone lambasting his colour will RUN TO USE the cream , if

1) their products are not working and they get desperate!

I am even surprised lighteners themselves are criticizing a lightened up man. Sorry I don't mean to be nasty, but this is kind of hypocritical!

Ask yourself, on those days when we are desperate and things are not working or taking too long, we ALL who wish to lighten have thought of taking extreme steps to achieve it!

He did ! Because he was fed up of his skin color!

In all the criticism is a lot of jealousy, at least that's how I feel !

If I were desperate, which at times I really do get when everything I have been trying doesn't work, I would jump at whatever he is using. Because as we all know even monobenzone works differently on different people. How can you say that the product he is using won't work differently and more naturally on our skin?

I know I will get the heat from a lot of people on this subject, But I don't want to bother about that. I will call a spade a spade.

And All the people who are criticizing his regimen, will JUMP at it if their products stop working and nothing else is!

Because we ALL are here to lighten and most are Now significantly obsessed with the idea and will go to any lengths to achieve it!
    BrownDeceit Posts: 366, Reputation: 24

May 1, 2010, 10:50 PM

I'm not jealous... I would never want to be an obvious bleached color... I saw these two Caribbean women in the airport the other day who looked SO BLEACHED. I would hate for people to be able to look at me on sight and tell that I bleached my skin. Ugh... If he was this light but it looked natural like Alicia Keys... That would be different... He looks ghostly grayish/white. That's just my opinion. I'm not coming down on him for bleaching or wanting to be lighter though. That would just be hypocritical!
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

May 23, 2010, 09:05 PM

Well, in recent pictures he has redarkened some and his undertones have returned. Looks much better than before and more healthy-looking now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

SAM Vs. Sammy Sosa - What da heck did they use? [ 93 Answers ]

For sam is just lighting tricks or did he really get much lighter? I have used his 20% product in the past and started to get really lighter, but I stopped last year and my natural color has come back so either way he lied, his product was NOT permenent! ...

Sammy Sosa Admits to Skin Bleaching [ 53 Answers ]

For those of you who speculated that Sammy Sosa was bleaching his skin and that it was not a skin rejuvenation process, you were right. He will not release what he's using. But I guess Mono mixed with something else? Here's the article and I enclosed a link to the article underneath: Sammy...

View more questions Search