Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Etechno Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2006, 03:43 AM
    Access 97 and Windows XP
    Hi,
    I recently installed Access 97 on a Windows XP machine. The installation completed successfully but, there is one thing that doesn't work:
    There is a field in the database I use that shows the current directory I am working on(i.e. C:/work). This field contains rubbish(#Name).
    I re-installed Office 97 (instead of XP) but, still the same problem.

Appreciate your help very much...
    Slogmeister Posts: 21, Reputation: 0

Jan 9, 2007, 12:50 PM
    This is a guess, but I think you may be confusing tables with forms. There really can't be a field in the database that shows you the current directory, but I suppose that on a form you could have such a thing. It sounds like there's an incompatibility in some control on the form, or in some module in the database. I would recommend upgrading the database to 2000.
    abaka Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2007, 08:29 PM
    I believe you try to show the name of your directory located.
    In the filed (C:\name) should given as a text then it should work You can also
    Use " " for the text

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Windows Server 2003 Share Access [ 9 Answers ]

I am in the process of upgrading a peer to peer windows xp network environment to a windows server 2003 domain. My clients have windows xp pro with a third party program installed for point of sale and accounts receivable management. The program requires access to a network share folder housing the...

Can't load windows, Can't get into safe mode and can't reinstall windows. [ 2 Answers ]

Help! I can't get windows98 SE to load. I can't get into safe mode or reinstall windows. A little history first. I had an issue with my creative sound card. EMM386 not loading along with something that had to do with the sound card. I went back and forth with creative tech support to resolve the...

How to access memory cells under windows in visual c++ or assembly language [ 1 Answers ]

Dear sir or madam I am very fund of computer software specially in visual c++ or assembly language , but I do not know how to access memeory cells using these Languages . I may face some errors running the compiled source. Yours...

Install Access 97 onto PC with Windows XP [ 13 Answers ]

I have a PC with OS Windows XP and would like to install office 97 only to run the Access 97. But it's failed. Not working. Can anybody help me? Thank you.

View more questions Search