Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Apr 26, 2010, 09:26 AM
    How should I approach this?
    The office I work in is the "main" office with 5 satellite locations. To one of these locations, we send Inter-office mail inside FedEx boxes because the hired courier charges too much.

However, I live 7 miles away from that office, so I was considering offering my services as a courier 2x per week (the frequency FedEx is shipped).

I would want more than just milage (.50/mile) as it is actually out of my way, but it's a potential opportunity to make some extra money that we could use.

How do you recommend approaching the boss with this proposal? What amount of $ would you start with? Fed Ex averages $300+ month. I'm trying to decide if this venture is worth my while...
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 26, 2010, 09:39 AM

Would weather conditions (especially snowstorms) make a difference or keep you from making the trip?

One way would take maybe 20-30 minutes, depending on traffic?
    Survivor

Apr 26, 2010, 09:44 AM

Good point! Its 15 minutes on an average day, increase that in snow/rain/fog conditions.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 26, 2010, 09:55 AM

Have you decided on a ballpark figure for you, say $250 a month?
    Survivor

Apr 28, 2010, 11:20 AM

Thanks for your response. Partially due to your help, I've decided not to pursue this. It would have to be a long-term commitment and while some extra $ would be nice, its probably not worth the extra miles on my car, not to mention the weather concerns, etc. I'll stick with being the occasional go-to person for now. :)

Thanks for your help :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Using the needs approach. [ 1 Answers ]

How would I calculate a family's maintenance fund using the needs approach?

How should I approach this? [ 33 Answers ]

All right so I was dating this girl for a couple weeks through long distance. She was about 6 hours away from me. Before we started to date we had been talking for about a month and a half. The reason we broke up is because she said she saw a new side of me that she didn't like. She told me I had...

What's the best approach to this? [ 21 Answers ]

My boyfriend of alsmost 2 years started ignoring my calls with no reason... I spoke to his cousin to find out why and his cousin has ignored as well?? I would like to know the best way to approach this situation but most importantly I want to know why? He has never done this before and his...

Who do I first approach [ 2 Answers ]

:) hello all, my name is peter and I have been in the health sector for around 7 yrs now and presently employed by the nhs as a duty officer with learning disabilities, I am considering starting a care agency and would truly appreciate all the advise you can give me as so that I can provide the...

Do Nothing Approach [ 6 Answers ]

I recently read the "do nothing" about unsecured credit card debt approach is the best way for some people. I used credit cards to be a stock trader made a lot of profits the first year. Since then I tried to day trade when my last job ended and day trading is harder than holding... so I lost...

View more questions Search