Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nepolean Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2010, 06:14 AM
    Why should we go for hosting services that charge us when there are free services?
    What is the difference between a hosting service that charges us money and a free hosting service? Could anyone please explain?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Apr 26, 2010, 06:19 AM
    You get what you pay for.
    If you are not fussy about uptime, bandwidth and general availability of your site, then go with a free host, but if these things really matter to you then you will have to pay for it.

Apr 27, 2010, 04:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    You get what you pay for.
    If you are not fussy about uptime, bandwidth and general availability of your site, then go with a free host, but if these things really matter to you then you will have to pay for it.

Thank you, for answering my question.
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Apr 28, 2010, 05:20 PM
    Don't forget about advertisements.

Generally, even if you find a good free host, you usually have to deal with banner advertisements. I had an aweful time coding web pages once when I was using dyndns and free hosting. Between the two I had trouble with anything involving frames because it was already behind two others.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 28, 2010, 05:24 PM
    Hi, Nepolean!

What kind of website is it that you have or want to have, please?

Thanks!
    Tonchy Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

May 20, 2010, 04:48 AM

You'll get much better service when you pay for hosting. More features, faster performance, better support... You cannot start serious website on a free hosting.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 15, 2010, 11:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonchy View Post
    You'll get much better service when you pay for hosting. More features, faster performance, better support... You cannot start serious website on a free hosting.
    Hi, Tonchy!

You want to bet?

Thanks!

Jun 16, 2010, 01:24 AM

Hi, InfoJunkie4Life, Tonchy and Clough.

Thanks for answering my question. I have learnt that my website requirements require a host that I have to pay for.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Best Hosting services [ 3 Answers ]

Hi All, What is the site that give the best Hosting services and other services like : Buying names, hosting, emails,. Thanks :rolleyes:

Do not use Infinology Web Hosting Services... [ 1 Answers ]

All right, I wanted to get in here, ASAP to help those avoid Infinology... I've been a customer for a number of years, and I can tell you that things were "great" at infinology until about 1 year ago, but really 6 months ago. Before 6 months ago, the total downtime we had was maybe a couple...

1099-MISC for Web Hosting Services [ 2 Answers ]

This is a great place. Thanks in advance for any help. I usually file a 1040A jointly with my wife and I find it to be pretty straightforward. This past year, however, I provided Web space to a moderately big site. It's pretty informal - I don't have invoices or anything like that - but the site...

View more questions Search