Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Apr 26, 2010, 03:18 AM
    Why is my cat being so naughty?
    So Phoenix has been basically perfect.

This weekend, however, he started to become such a bad kitty!

He started to get into the trash! So what I did was take the trash out so he wouldn't be tempted to eat whatever left over food there is in there, and I put my trash can under the sink cabinets. Problem solved!

However, I just got back from work a few hours ago and I found the darn cat on the TOP of my cabinets. Now I'm all for fun and play but I would NOT like my cat to be climbing my counters and cabinets... ICK!

I have no idea how to train him NOT to do that! What do I do?

Side Note: I also noticed yesterday that he's gotten a little mean with Rachel, he's bit her a couple times and he growls and hisses at her. She didn't understand what that was and well she almost got bit again until I intervened. I just told the cat "BAD" and told Rachel to leave him alone. I don't know what got into him!! Rachel does not play rough with him, she has combed his fur, petted him gently, and laid beside him... she's really good with animals, she's not one to pull at their ears or hit them.

Help anyone?
    Ultra Member

Apr 26, 2010, 07:02 AM

No one has any tips?

I just found my cat on top of my cabinets again. It's getting really annoying. I climbed up my counter and tried to coax him to come down. He kept hissing at me.

UGHH!!

So I got a spray bottle and got him to get down...

I'm honestly starting to dislike him.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Apr 26, 2010, 07:04 AM
    Spring fever I'm afraid.
    It will pass, but is a PITA to live with,
    Ultra Member

Apr 26, 2010, 07:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    Spring fever I'm afraid.
    It will pass, but is a PITA to live with,
    Spring fever? A neutered cat? Really?

I hope it passes.. I really don't like him hissing and biting Rachel.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Apr 26, 2010, 07:14 AM
    Yep even in neutered cats.
    My boys are the same, but it's liveable as we kick them out,
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Apr 28, 2010, 08:37 PM

A spray bottle is the best form of punishment and deterrent for cats. Keep one in every room, if you need to.

I'm with ben, it sounds like spring fever. Cats can sense the chance in seasons, and it can make them frisky. If it's warm enough, open a window and let him sit in the breeze. Find ways for him to burn off the extra energy. A laser pointer is always a good option.

Just find things for him to play with. A good, solid 20-30 minutes of vigorous play each day should help burn off some of his energy. A laser pointer is the best way I know of. If you have a long hallway, just send him running up and down it and going up walls and doors. Rachel could even help, as long as she can hold the button down long enough and knows not to point it in his face.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Being More Naughty In Bed. [ 11 Answers ]

I haven't been on in a while, but a recent conversation with my hubby made me want to seek some advice. We were talking about improving sex as we always do and he said "Well, you could be more naughty." How do I do this? How do I become more naughty? I do dirty talk already, so what more can I...

Childhood naughty [ 14 Answers ]

My son aged 14 studying in class IX is always making some sort of problems in his class.The teachers are very often calling us and suggesting us so many do and donts. Nothing has changed in spite our repeated advices and tiny punishments. His class teacher on the last occasion said that he is...

Naughty dog de bordeaux! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi.I have got a nine month old dog de bordeaux she is house trained, but just recently she has started urinating in the house.she will not wake me up in the middle of the night she will just do it in the hall way.in the day she will sit by the door and if I'm not there quick enough she will just do...

Naughty kitty [ 9 Answers ]

My kitty is about 4 months old and although adorable she's proving to be a bit more than mischievous. She tends to bite when she gets over excited, and while she's only small her teeth are razor sharp. I don't know how I could possibly break her of this habbit? She also gets a bit claw happy,...

This for all you naughty guys [ 11 Answers ]

Y do a lot of guys like it when 2 hot girls kiss mouth to mouth I'm a girl and I would do it but I still need an answer! Keep being naughty guys!

View more questions Search