Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Apr 25, 2010, 09:27 PM
    Blood pressure problems
    Just so you all know, I am seeing a doctor, and I am getting tests done.

Generally my blood pressure is on the borderline high or higher generally speaking. I decided to get a home blood pressure thing to monitor it at home. My pulse rate usually hovers around 90 to 100 or more resting. Blood pressure averages 130/90 but I have been making changes and have been on altace 10 mg for a while now.

Now the last couple of weeks it has seemed like it was more on the normal side except for the heart rate. The other morning I woke up with chest pain, etc... I decided to check my blood pressure and it was 140/98 it was high.

Then today for some reason been feeling a bit light headed and not myself. A little discomfort here and there but nothing series. But now the blood pressure is below normal and pulse rate is a lot lower then normal. What would bring on the sudden rise and well drop in another day.

Now it is reading 110/70 pulse 70 or lower. I just find it weird. I know I am probably worrying and obsessing. Just worried about the two extremes and changes. I did miss one dose of altace a couple of days ago but would not think that would cause it? I just do not want anything bad to happen. I guess that is one of my fears.

Joe
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Apr 26, 2010, 02:50 PM

JH I think you are getting a big obsessive about this. My mother was an RN and told me that she could take a patient's blood pressure several times a day and it would be different each time.

When you get a bad headache or are lightheaded then start to worry.

As an aside - do you have a water softener that adds salt to your tap water that you drink? I discovered that where I live they upped the softener salt and I was getting bad health problems until I started to figure out it was the added/unwanted extra salt in my water. Since I drink filtered water that has eliminated the extra salt I don't have those health problems any longer. My 26 y/o son had his hands shaking like he had tremors due to too much salt. Since we got a water system that eliminates all the added salt he's been just fine and no more tremors, etc. I also noticed that I don't have any headaches any more as well.
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Apr 26, 2010, 08:18 PM

You know Joe I thank you for starting this thread. I have a home blood pressure machine that I used faithfully but haven't for over six months. You made me get it out and use it, thanks again.

Stringer
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 26, 2010, 08:26 PM
    Hi, Jesushelper1976!

Are you overweight?

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Apr 26, 2010, 09:11 PM

For my height and age, yes I am considered over weight.

I have had blood pressure problems over the years even as a teenager when I was just skin and bones.

Blood pressure problems are in the family as well. I know weight does not help. It is not all of the problem though but appreciate your question Clough.
    Uber Member

Apr 26, 2010, 09:33 PM
    I used to weigh close to 250 pounds. Now I'm down to more of an ideal weight of 183 to 190. I had very high blood pressure when I was overweight.

At least dropping the weight would be something that you could try to do to eliminate one of the possible causes.

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Apr 26, 2010, 09:57 PM

This is true. To be honest, years ago I was down to 185. Since being married I have gained a fair bit of weight. I am close to 230 right now. I would love to get back down to 190 to 180 again.

I want to be able to not worry about my health so much and want to be around a long time for my family. I do need help to lose the weight, I have done it before.

I also have seen other family members one particular that I do not want to follow down the same path. Lots of health problems and almost 400 pounds.

Do not want to go down that road.
    Uber Member

Apr 26, 2010, 10:19 PM
    Here's another question. And, I know that I'm getting very nosey.

Any history of diabetes in your family?
    Uber Member

Apr 26, 2010, 10:30 PM

No history of diabetes, although my uncle the one that is close to 400 pounds has signs of it.

My mom had pregnancy diabetes with my sister but that was just during pregnancy.
    Uber Member

Apr 26, 2010, 10:33 PM
    I hope that during the tests that you have, that they'll also check for possible diabetes.
    Uber Member

Apr 26, 2010, 10:39 PM

There was a list of things they were checking for. I am not sure exactly all of the tests. Took 5 or 6 tubes of blood, chest x ray and ECG. See if anything shows up on anything. Should know soon. The doctor I have follows up really closely whenever there is any concern about test results.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Apr 27, 2010, 01:52 AM

Mmm. Interesting.. Mechanism of action video animation: ACE inhibitors, Angiotensin II receptor blockers (ARBs) and the Renin Angiotensin Aldosterone System | CME at Pharmacology Corner

BTW, any relationship to BP swings and weather changes or BP swings and pain?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

High blood pressure [ 2 Answers ]

I am 35 I never had trouble with high pressuer until I had a blood transfusion 3years ago could this be part of my high blood pressure

Low water pressure causing high blood pressure [ 1 Answers ]

I have low or no hot water pressure to the downstairs bathroom. I've replaced the cartridges, valves and hot water heater, still no pressure... help.

Blood pressure [ 1 Answers ]

What is the ideal blood pressure ranage for male & females

High Blood Pressure [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I have high blood pressure when I eat a meal I have very high readings every time I have a meal It looks like sodium is causing the problems, I am on blood pressure medicine not really getting any help from my doctor,help me please

Blood pressure [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Im Julia My queston is, My bp is out of controal its 199/120 right now and I take 12 bp meds a day . Can anyone help before I have a stroke:eek: :eek:

View more questions Search