Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RonPrice Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2010, 07:26 PM
    Universal House of Justice Ridvan Message 2010: A Context
    I posted an introduction to the paradigmatic shift in the Baha’i community, the new culture of learning and growth that is at the heart of this paradigm, nearly three years ago. I did this posting at several internet sites and have revised that post in these last three years as developments in the paradigm have come about, as new messages from Bahá'í institutions have been published and as many individuals have commented verbally and in print on this new culture. It seemed like a good idea to give readers some specific steps on how to access this now revised article, what is now a book of more than 160,000 words and more than 350 pages and is found at Baha’i Library Online(BLO).

In the time this book has been on the internet there have been many thousand views of this analysis, this statement on the new paradigm at the few sites where it has been posted. In addition to googling “Baha’i Culture of Learning and Growth” and accessing this article in the process at several internet sites, readers can find this piece of writing at BLO by clicking on the following:

bahai-library.org/file.php?file=price_culture_learning_paradigm

Readers can also access the latest edition of this article at BLO by taking the following steps: (I) type Baha’i Library Online or Baha’i Academics Resource Library into your search engine; (ii) click on the small box “By author” at the top of the access page at BLO; (iii) type “Price” into the small box that then appears and click on the word “Go;” and then (iv) scroll down to article/document item #47 and (v) click on that item and read to your heart’s content. When your eyes and your mind start to glaze over, stop reading. The article can be downloaded free and you will then have access to this book, this context for all this new paradigmatic terminology that has come into the Baha’i community in the last 15 years.

The statement is a personal one, does not assume an adversarial attitude, attempts to give birth of as fine an etiquette of expression as I can muster and, I like to think, possesses both candour and critical thought on the one hand and praise and delight at the many interrelated processes involved in the execution of this paradigm on the other. I invite readers to what I also like to think is “a context on which relevant fundamental questions” regarding this new paradigm may be discussed within the Baha’i community.

This book also contains an update, an inclusion of commentary on the most recent messages from the institutions of the Cause—including the Ridvan message of 2010. One of the advantages of the BLO site is the freedom it gives to a writer to update the article right on the site in an ongoing process as new insights from major thinkers in the Baha’i community and information from the elected and appointed institutions of the Cause comes to hand.

If time and the inclination permit, check it out. No worries, no obligation, just if it interests you. You may find the piece of writing too long as I’m sure many readers do. It is certainly a view from the inside, but it is just one person’s view building as it does on the ideas and writings of others: Bahá'í institutions and individuals. We each have a different experience on the inside of this paradigm, on the inside of this Faith or, indeed, living on the inside of our global society. You may find this book too personal because I attempt to answer the question: “where do I fit into this new paradigm?” After a few paragraphs of reading, you will get the flavour of the exercise. Just keep reading if your mind and spirit are enjoying the process.

Oct 20, 2010, 05:47 AM
    The above post is really not a question and what is found below is not really an answer. But the post below places the new Baha'i paradigm in a historical and personal context. Since no one has replied to the above in the last six months I add the following as a sort of appendix.-Ron Price, Tasmania
    ---------------------------------------
    THE WALL AND THE WINDOW

The Berlin Wall was erected on the night of August 13, 1961. I began my travelling-pioneer life for the Canadian Bahá'í community in a weekend afternoon in late August 1962. That August night in 1961 was on a weekend when most Berliners were sleeping. The East German government began to close the border. In the early morning of that Sunday most of the first work was done: the border to West Berlin was closed. The East German troops had begun to tear up streets and to install barbed wire entanglement and fences throughout Berlin. The first concrete elements and large square blocks were used on August 15, 1961. Within the next months the first generation of the Berlin Wall was built. It was a wall consisting of those concrete elements and square blocks.

A second Wall was built in June 1962, two months before my personal window of travelling-pioneer life opened. That second Wall was constructed in order to prevent East Germans escaping to the West. That first Wall was improved during the next several years. It is difficult to distinguish between the parts of the Wall that constituted its first and the second generation. These two first generations were torn down when a third generation was constructed beginning in 1965. This third generation of the Berlin Wall consisted of concrete slabs between steel-girder and concrete posts with a concrete sewage pipe running along the top of the Wall. In 1965 my travelling-pioneer life opened up an even larger window than it had enjoyed for three years. That window looked out into the Canadian Arctic on Baffin Island.

In 1975 a fourth generation of the Wall replaced this third generation. New concrete segments were used which were easy to build up and were more resistant to breakthroughs and to environmental pollutions. Over these years, 1961 to 1975, the East German government spent 1 billion dollars a year on the Wall. By 1975 I had travelled, pioneered, from the Canadian Arctic to the outback of Australia. Windows of opportunity had opened in my life but I, too, had suffered from months of mental illness institutionalized inside the walls of four hospitals. -Ron Price with thanks to several internet sites on the subject of “The Construction and Fall of the Berlin Wall,” 8 November 2009.

That Berlin Wall was far-away
    During those years when I had
    My own walls to contend with.
    I was as busy as the proverbial
    Beaver just getting through the
    Walls erected in my own life!

But gradually, year by year, a
    Series of windows opened-up
    Giving me opportunities I had
    Never dreamt-of: getting a BA,
    Then a teaching qualification, a
    Series of jobs from one end of
    The earth to the other so that by
    1975 when the final generation
    Of Berlin walls were built I was
    Well on my way into a career of
    Education, of learning & of time
    In classrooms for over 50 years.

From the perspective of these years
    Of my retirement in a late adulthood
    And on two old-age pensions those
    Early walls have all come down and
    By 1989 that one in Berlin was down.
    The revolutions of 1989…the Fall of
    Communism, the Revolutions over
    Eastern Europe: a new paradigm was
    Emerging in the international world.

And as it did so, too, did a paradigm
    Emerge in the embryonic world order
    Of the Baha'i Faith which has been in
    My life now for nearly sixty years!!

Ron Price
    20 October 2010

Jan 4, 2012, 10:11 PM
    The above book now has 200,000 words and over 400 pages and is found at this link: http://bahai-library.com/price_culture_learning_paradigm

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to travel to fiji in April 2010 but my passport expires August 2010 is this OK [ 1 Answers ]

I want to travel to fiji in April 2010 but my passport expires August 2010 is this OK

Acitive activation context [ 1 Answers ]

I keep getting the response, active activation context. What could be causing this?

Activation context [ 3 Answers ]

When I log on my PC I go straight to Google search I can't type in the main address bar and I get a message saying request lookup key not found in any active activation context

Universal Honeywell thermostat not so universal [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to install a Honeywell programmable 7400 "universal" thermostat. My current system does not match the wiring colors on the 7400. Current system is a trolatemp by honeywell. The terminal colors are: WROBGY This is an oil forced air heat and AC system with 2 zones. The...

View more questions Search