Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Curious_boy Posts: 80, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2010, 12:43 PM
    How to remove high risk programs from desktop
    Can someone tell me how can I find out which program is used by which program... (4 example : I downloaded some program which is high risk for me to install it and now I can't remove it from my desktop because it says that it's used with another program, and even if I restart my computer there is still the same problem) :((
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 25, 2010, 01:03 PM

Did you try using the Uninstall process? If so, you can try booting to Safe mode and Uninstall or Delete from there.

Of you can run MSCONFIG and take the program that's calling the file out of the Startup.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Apr 25, 2010, 01:12 PM
    CCleaner is an excellent FREE application that can assist.
    As well as making program removal easy(er) you also can clean trace from the registry and also start up (Msconfig) items with out any trouble.
    Also it does a good job of removing windows cludge. (junk files)

Apr 25, 2010, 01:21 PM

Tnx but I don't know how to delete it I didn't install it because it's a threat, I just can't remove it from my desktop :((
    I don't know what to do :(
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Apr 25, 2010, 01:22 PM
    That being the case a good malware scanner is a must.
    Malwarebytes is also FREE and excellent.
    Download, install, update and FULL scan.

Apr 25, 2010, 01:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    That being the case a good malware scanner is a must.
    Malwarebytes is also FREE and excellent.
    download, install, update and FULL scan.
    Ok tnx I'll try it it's helping for some other problems it's 10 threats for now, I'll let u know if it helps about my problem :)

Jun 9, 2010, 04:36 PM

I can't delete it, I've downloaded new program which is also at high risk for my windows, and I can't delete it from my desktop, but now I have the whole page where I've found it so you can try to download it and then I you find a way to remove it let me know how...
    Novel Games - Bouncing Balls
    Tnx

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Move a .exe file from Desktop to Programs list [ 13 Answers ]

I have a setup wizard program on my desktop (I believe called and executable file, ends in .exe). I used it to create a program and folder now located on my Programs list (in Start). The folder in the Programs list contains several programs/files related to the main program, which is fine. ...

Remove these programs! [ 2 Answers ]

I have "windows xp" and can't remove these programs from my computer: "error cleaner," "privacy protector," and "spyware & malware protection." These programs have taken over my "desktop background" also. I don't know ho they got on my computer I know I want to get rid of them. How can I remove...

What is (Remove only)? [Add or Remove Programs] [ 2 Answers ]

When I access Add or Remove Programs, I often see '(Remove only)' by the side of some programs, but I don't actually know what it means. If any of you can help me then feel free. Thanks.

Add/Remove Programs doesn't have REMOVE option [ 4 Answers ]

In Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs on Windows XP Home, some of the programs do not have the REMOVE button below them. WHY not? How do I remove programs from the Add or Remove Function, when it displays the program, but when I highlight it, it doesn't give the option to REMOVE it?

View more questions Search