Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2010, 08:13 PM
    Near miss between airliner and single engine a/c
    Stratmando and other PILOTS - this past weekend out at [la airport a single engine a/c was taking off and a airliner was landing[very close miss. NOW the QUESTION -WHO was at fault// the pilot of the cessna 172 or the pilot of the air liner or {WAS it the control tower?? ] :eek::eek::mad::confused:

BY FLYING BLUE EAGLE
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Apr 26, 2010, 09:47 AM

Are you referring to an incident at Burbank Airport last weekend? See: Socal Near Miss Involving Bay Area Flight - News Story - KTVU San Francisco . Appears to be an error by the air traffic controller.
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Apr 29, 2010, 07:37 PM

Ebaines- I sure messed up there a little bit ;I was having a senior momment
    THE reason I brought this out was to maybe get a lot of others[mostly pilots}
    WHY- well back in the 70'sI carried a couple up to detroit for the mans fathers furnal, then the next morning we were takeing off from the main airport and I had done everything to the "T" I was climbing out as requested by controlers and the controler came to me and instructed me to turn to [sorry I don't remember the heading he told me ]and cont. climb outwell now the argument between me and the controler started , I told hime if I done as he told me that {I WOULD PULLING RIGHT IN FRONT OF A JET LINER,HE SAID YOU WILL DO AS REQUESTED< WELL I KEPT ON MY CORSE AND TOLD HIM THAT JUST AS LONG AS I WAS{ PIC} THAT I HAD LAST SAY AND THAT HE HAD BETTER CHECK HIS RADAR SCOPE A LITTLE CLOSER: I KNEW THE BOOK LIKE THE BACK OF MY HAND <AND I KNEW THAT I WAS RIGHT : BUT I thought that when I got the people back to MEMPHIS TN> that they would probably be waiting for me , the feds. Well you know what I NEVER HEARD A THING ON IT <BUT I WOULD BET MY BOTTOM DOLLAR THAT THE CONTROLER DID : EVERY THING YOU SAY AND DO IS ALL RECORED AND THE FEDS CHECK IT QUITE OFTEN :: THIS THING JUST BROUGHT BACK SOME OLD HAPPINGS: OH I DID REPORT THE CLOSE MISS< {I TOLD THEM THAT I COULD ALMOST READ THE AIRLINE PILOTS NAME TAG: I DO KNOW THAT IT WAS TO CLOSE FOR CONFORT AND I WAS IN A CESSNA 421Well I'm going to close for now ,YOUAL have a great night and GOD BLESS:: F.B.E. {BLUE EAGLE 1 OUT)
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2010, 05:38 AM

Controllers have been know to screw up. I'm sure the Controller got a call.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rough Idle/Miss when engine light comes on; light comes on and goes out [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I have a 1998 Ford F150 Pickup with the V-6 engine. I am getting three codes P0174 (system too lean on bank 2), P0302 (cylinder 2 misfire), P0303 (cylinder 3 misfire). My truck has a very rough idle, but at times the engine light will go off and the truck will idle perfectly. When the light...

Engine miss [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Ford Ranger 2001 4.0 SOHC that has a engine miss. It has new plugs (less than 1,000 miles) It seems to to have low idle speed as well as it will sometime die when a stop light. Any ideas as to what to check to correct this problem?

View more questions Search