Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    redvera Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2010, 04:26 PM
    Hospital Cleaning by square foot
    What is the hospital cleaning standard for the amount of square footage an employee should be able to cover?
    redvera Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2010, 04:28 PM

In hospital cleaning what is the standard square footage an employee can clean daily in 8 hours
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Apr 25, 2010, 08:23 AM

It varies in what exactly is being done. For example, cleaning hallways and waiting areas goes faster. Cleaning operating rooms, exam rooms, treatment rooms, procedure rooms, etc takes more time.

You have to establish a standard for your question: is floor work involved (sweeping and mopping), is high dusting/cleaning involved, etc?

Let me know exactly what you mean to be completed in this eight hour period.

Stringer
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 25, 2010, 11:51 AM
    Hi, redvera!

You've posted your question in the Management forum topic area. Are you the one who'll be doing the cleaning or someone else, please?

Thanks!
    norb_226 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2010, 09:50 AM
    I will delegate the jobs in question. The new building is 700,000sq ft. This includes, but not limited to, patient rooms, ancillary areas, corridors, OR rooms, offices , etc. How many FTE's should I request to clean the building and why?
    norb_226 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2010, 09:52 AM

I will delegate the jobs in question. The new building is 700,000sq ft. This includes, but not limited to, patient rooms, ancillary areas, corridors, OR rooms, offices , etc. How many FTE's should I request to clean the building and why?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 1, 2010, 09:55 AM
    Hi, norb_226!

Are you redvera, the original poster asking questions on this thread?

Thanks!
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Jun 1, 2010, 08:56 PM

I agree not the same OP..
    FacilitySupport Posts: 7, Reputation: 4

Feb 1, 2012, 11:32 PM
    Hello all,

I agree with Stringer. Healthcare Facility cleaning is a complicated effort. Background information needs to include a scope of work, a traffic or patient count and an expected level of service (i.e. OSHA requirements or JACHO requirements etc.) It has been my experience, healthcare cleaning is all about the ability to maintain a consistent level of service in an uneventful manner. Anyhow, good luck with your effort.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Estimate per square foot for commercial office cleaning [ 8 Answers ]

Estimate per square foot for commercial office cleaning

Cleaning rates per square foot [ 2 Answers ]

I want to know the cleaning rate per square meter because I want to take a work for the same from employer

What do I charge per square foot for cleaning [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I am starting a residential and office cleaning business. I want to charge by the square foot. How much per square foot do I charge for a weekly, bi-weekly and monthly cleaning for offices and residential homes? I also would like to know how much to charge for a fitness gym. Thanks

Price for square foot cleaning [ 1 Answers ]

How much is for square feet cleaning

View more questions Search