Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BackseatLove Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2010, 03:47 PM
    Trying to even out my skin tone ? Getting rid of a tan ?
    Hello,
    So, I have a question about lightening scars and just evening out my skin tone. Some background info about me...

I'm 16, and like most kids my age, I suffer from acne. ): but it's not the acne that's the problem... it's the scarring. I have sooo many acne scars on my cheeks, and while it's not that noticeable when I'm wearing makeup, I'd rather not have to go through the trouble of concealing them all the time. They're super pigmented, and take away from my facial features.

My other issue is scarring/tanning on my arms, shoulders, neck, legs, etc. The scarring on my arms are a result of
    a) fighting with my sister (lol) , &
    b) scrapes and cuts from falling off my bike when I was younger.
    Also, I have the most uneven tan EVER. I'm a track athelete, and I used to be out in the sun all the time. I'm not doing track this year, so I'm taking this time as a chance to lighten up my weird tan. Last winter/spring, I was a nice, even and NATURAL deep caramel complexion, with a rich golden undertone. I really like it. But, I've gotten darker. Normally, I would have no problem with this, I don't mind being darker... but not when patches of me are super dark, and patches are caramel. That's just weird, LOL. (I'm black by the way.) Also, the majority of my body is still my natural colour, so I figure it makes more sense to try and lighten up the problem spots rather than bake in the sun and try to tan everything. Lol (:

So what I'm asking is, what products can I use that are SAFE, and will help lighten up areas where I am tanned, and scars? My friend uses Likas Papaya soap, and she's really lightened up, and her acne scars are practically non-existant. But, she's Chinese, lol. What chance do I have of getting the same effect? I also use Dermaclair cream, which has 2% Hydroquinone in it. It's okay... I find that it's lightened up my scars on my face quite a bit, but hasn't done anything for the rest of my body. I've also heard good things about kojic acid soap... do you think using the soap in conjunction with the Dermaclair will give me better resutls? And what do you guys use to lighten your skin? The safer the better, lol. I'm not looking for anything that's going to like... bleach out my skin. I just want to even out a bit and get rid of the tan. ): I miss my natural colour.
    Thanks so much!

-Vanessa
    mistyjane Posts: 271, Reputation: 59

Apr 25, 2010, 04:28 AM

Hi Backseatlove and welcome!
    I think there are many ways to fade the scars but since you are very young I can't advice you to use things that may harm you.
    Why don't you see your dermatologist? He can help you and you will find a safe solution to this problem.
    Boricua1 Posts: 179, Reputation: 14

Apr 25, 2010, 08:33 PM

Try kojic acid soaps... I like the Diana Stalder products... the orange papaya soaps... it worked to get rid of my farmer's tan I had for years in months... it is slow working so its best to buy a bunch of bars and use it for a while I used it for six months before it all went away but it did work... and I still use them. They lather well and smell nice... they can be drying for the first few weeks so ue a good moisturizer but after that they are great... you can buy them on eBay... in lots of six bars or more at a time for around 40$... just tyr to find a us based seller so you get them fast. I buy from fillipinagoddess

You are young and this is the safest and effective way without harsh chemicals and dangers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Get Rid Of Dark Spot Caused From Pimples And Even Skin Tone [ 15 Answers ]

I‘m african american and relatively dark,I get pimples once in a while but once they gone they leave dark black spots, I want should I do ,I use clearasil but didn't fadeaway black spots.I want to fade away the black spots and have an even skin tone.I don't want a lotion that makes me so light such...

I have uneven skin tone with oily skin and dark patch [ 6 Answers ]

My skin tone is uneven. I have dark spots on my forehead, center of nose and around my chin which makes me look very dull. I even hasitate to take my snaps because they looks so bad. Also my skin is oily as pimples occur on my face frequently. Here is my one pic. Can anyone help me with accurate...

Farmer's tan? "How to Get Rid of Farmer's Tan" Article [ 10 Answers ]

Full article @ link below... I've quoted parts of possible interest How to Get Rid of Farmers Tan - howtogetridofstuff.com

Get Rid Of Dark Spot Caused From Pimples And Even Skin Tone [ 2 Answers ]

How can I Get Rid Of Dark Spot Caused From Pimples And Even Skin Tone? Is there an appropriate name for these dark spots?

What colors are right for tan skin tone? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, what kind of eye liner, eye shadow, and lipstick/lipgloss looks good on tan skin tone? Does blush look good or is bronzer better?

View more questions Search