Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 24, 2010, 11:27 AM
    T Fal deep fryer
    I just am so excited about my purchase yesterday. I am in rapture about my new T Fal deep fryer.

I am telling you, this is the ultimate kitchen appliance in this category: easy to clean, dishwasher safe and you can drain the oil, which filters while draining, into a reservoir at the bottom of the deep fryer, at a flick of the switch ! And the reservoir is spill proof and can be stored and poured back into the fryer when you want to use it again.

Is this awesome or what !

In Canada, when it came out it was $160; and I had a problem with the price because it isn't something I use a lot, but have a penchant for my own deep fried chicken wings (in sunflower oil) and some other food items toom mushrooms, etc.. So yesterday I bit the bulllet, went to WalMart and they were $100. Bucks! Wow ! We have a new harmonizing tax coming in July, so I wanted to do that before I got stuck with more money. It is our Ontario HST.

I just had to share for the rest of you chefs, but have any of you tried the T Fal deep fryer ? What do you like to deep fry... share some recipes?

Tick
    Expert

Apr 24, 2010, 01:00 PM

I should have put in my recipe for chicken wings. I cut off the ends. Pretty basic:

Enough plain white flour (I don't measure) 2 tbs garlic powder, 2 tbs pepper (no salt) and you can almost put in any spice or seasoning you like; sometimes I hadd curry powder. Put chicken wings (or drumsticks) in milk, make sure they get soaked and then (with all dry ingredients in a plastic Zip lock bag, shake a few at a time until covered, shake off excess and put aside until all are done. Cook according to fryer directions. I like them plain like this, my guys always use dipping sauce or bbq sauce.

Tick
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2010, 04:13 PM

Congratulations! I love new stuff:D

I'm a little ignorant with deep fryers. I have one and hardly ever use it because of the waste of oil. The last time I used it I saved the oil in another container to re-use.:eek::rolleyes:

Are you saying that this one filters it and it's OK to re-use over and over like a restaurant fryer:confused:
    Expert

Apr 24, 2010, 05:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Dahlia View Post
    Congratulations! I love new stuff:D

I'm a little ignorant with deep fryers. I have one and hardly ever use it because of the waste of oil. The last time I used it I saved the oil in another container to re-use.:eek::rolleyes:

Are you saying that this one filters it and it's OK to re-use over and over like a restaurant fryer:confused:
    I am saying, that yes, but I won't use it more then three times. You flip a switch and the oil filters and drains into a receptable (sealed) at the bottom of the fryer. You pull it out and put it in your fridge for future use. All you have to do as I noticed, is pour it from an opening back into the fryer.

Google T Fal fryers and see for yourself. It cleans well, it only took me l5 minutes and I stored it away.

When I fried on the stove I would always seive the cooled oil into a container and store in the fridge.\

Tick
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Apr 24, 2010, 05:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    I am saying, that yes, but I wont use it more then three times. You flip a switch and the oil filters and drains into a receptable (sealed) at the bottom of the fryer. You pull it out and put it in your fridge for future use. All you have to do as I noticed, is pour it from an opening back into the fryer.

Google T Fal fryers and see for yourself. It cleans well, it only took me l5 minutes and I stored it away.

When I fried on the stove I would always seive the cooled oil into a container and store in the fridge.\

tick

I make doughnuts in my T-Fal. I use hungry jack biscuits amd cut them in half and fry them. When their ready roll them in cinnamon and sugar.. or powdered sugar and chocolate sprinkles.
    Expert

Apr 24, 2010, 05:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitkat22 View Post
    I make doughnuts in my T-Fal. I use hungry jack biscuits amd cut them in half and fry them. When their ready roll them in cinnamon and sugar..or powdered sugar and chocolate sprinkles.
    I had to Google hungry jack biscuits because they aren't sold up here and found out it is a complete mix that you can make pancakes out of, right ?

What a great idea ! Thanks, Kit.

Tick
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Apr 24, 2010, 05:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    I had to google hungry jack biscuits because they arent sold up here and found out it is a complete mix that you can make pancakes out of, right ?

What a great idea ! Thanks, Kit.

tick
    http://southernfood.about.com/cs/coo.../deepfried.htm

Well you can use any kind of canned biscuits or Bisquick... Ever heard of Deep fried pickles? Buy the slide long dill pickle. Make a batter of cornmeal and flour with garlic salt and pepper. Dip the pickles in the batter and put in the fryer. YUM:D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What should I do to get out of the deep? [ 2 Answers ]

So here is the thing. I am currently stuck in a weird situation whereby I can't proceed or retreat and I seriously have no idea what to do. I got to know this girl in a internship. She didn't really appear as attractive in the first place but as I get to know, I started to grow fond to her. We had...

Deep Deep Depths [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know the approximate depth of the deepest point in the ocean? Any ocean, the deepest one obviously hahaha Thanks

Too deep? [ 7 Answers ]

I just have a topic I wanted to bring up and I want to see you how everyone feels about it. I can be a very deep and emotional person. I can actually have an intelligent conversation with anyone. I'm not saying I let my emotions control my life, because I don't. Let me give you a for instance, I am...

I am in deep ! [ 2 Answers ]

I have the following anti spywares and anti viruses in my computer. McAfee AVG Ewido Anti-Spyware Ad-Aware Anti-Spyware Spybot All of them are always updated. Now, the problem is that even after having so many anti xyz softwares, I still get malware sna d viruses in my computer which...

View more questions Search