Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jammy23 Posts: 545, Reputation: 0

Apr 23, 2010, 05:40 PM
    Parking ticket- Double parking
    I'm guilty, I know. I double parked in front of a bakery... but $115.00 for five minutes of double parking. They must have been watching me. Any chance I can get the fine
    Lowered. Any chance I can say I double parked to answer my cell?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 23, 2010, 06:13 PM

Please - you double parked in order to answer your cell phone? If you're going to lie (which AMHD is not going to help you with) that's the best you can come up with?

You very possibly can get it reduced but double parking is pretty much at the bottom of the heap now.

As a person who has been blocked in by someone who double parked I think $115 is reasonable.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Apr 23, 2010, 07:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jammy23 View Post
    I'm ... Any chance I can say I double parked to answer my cell?
    You could say it. Would it be true?

And if so, did you leave the car? Why?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 23, 2010, 07:18 PM

Normally no, fines are set by statue of the city normally. You can try, but will almost need to hire an attorney to try and work out a deal ( which would cost more)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Re parking ticket, no standing [ 3 Answers ]

I volunteer to drive feral cats to the Humane Society to be fixed (TNR program). I was Sitting there as I always do, awaiting seven cages of cats that were fixed when the Cops gave me a $115 ticket. I was wrong. It did say no standing. But I've been Doing it for a year and the police don't...

Parking Ticket [ 10 Answers ]

I parked in the MIDDLE of a street. The sign said no parking Mon-Fri 8-6pm, it was Saturday. I got a ticket for $165.00. The ticket said I was blocking a pedestrian ramp. I looked on the other side of my Car and there was a indented section, but there were no signs for me to know this. It...

Parking ticket?  HELP! [ 2 Answers ]

I sold a car on 02-04-2001 and it keeps coming back a costing me money. I was just sent a parking ticket bill that was giving to the car on 04-01-2001, 2 months after I sold it. I sent in a "lelease of liability" to the DMV when I sold it but it wasent recorded. Now I get a bill for $250 for a...

View more questions Search