Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Black_rainbow5 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2010, 03:36 PM
    I hate how he just replaced me...
    Well,
    My friend Erick moved about a year ago
    And, at his new school, he met a guy named Rudy. Since I still keep touch with Erick and I was single, he tried to get Rudy and I together. The first day I set my eyes on him, I was star crossed. He was gorgeous and, most importantly, a very nice and compatible person for me.
    We talked for about five months and we became instant friends. We flirted, talked nonsense and just had fun together. One day, I decided to tell him of my feeling for him and, some say I was too up front but, I don't know.
    He replied to me and told me that he had feelings for me as well then he just ignored me for a long long time (about 3 months). I tried talking to him a few times but, I got no response to the point I got so mad at him and sent him a very angry letter.
    I hated how I spilled my guts to him and he said he felt the same way then ignored me. After the letter got to him, we didn't talk. Then I found out he was going out with Erick's Ex about a month after I sent him that letter.
    Since then, we started talking again and our friendship is growing again but, I don't know if I should ask for an explanation for what he did. I am scared he won't talk to me again and, I'm no one to question him, he isn't my boyfriend, what should I do?
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Aug 7, 2010, 08:21 AM
    He has done this ignoring thing to you twice, why are you even going there again? Doesn't sound like he takes you too seriously and if is is going out with someone, you need to leave him alone any way.
    You can ask him why he did it if is that important to you, but ask yourself if knowing is going to make a difference, especially since he is going out with someone.
    lickemlolly Posts: 397, Reputation: 62

Aug 7, 2010, 12:58 PM
    Yea ummm why would you even want to put yourself in that position again? This guy is a jerk... ill tell you this too.. it sounds like he told you that because he didn't want to hurt your feelings... sounds like he doesn't care for you in the same way you care for him... do yourself the favor and avoid the heartache in the future and LEAVE THIS GUY ALONE... friends OK.. anything else is going to be trouble for you
    roxypox Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 328
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2010, 03:51 AM

It really does sound like he only told you he felt the same way so that you wouødn't get hurt. Of course that wasn't a good solution, which is probably why he ignored you afterwards... like sending you a silent message.

What I wonder is: What do you hope to achieve by being friends again? Do you only want friendship? Do you want more?

The latter is most likely out of the question and if you pursue it you will most likely get hurt.

If you are looking to only be friends.. is this the type of friend you want? Someone who is not honest (cause If he had been a lot could have been avoided) and he even ignored you for 3 months...
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 8, 2010, 08:08 AM

Oh please see that your pushing yourself to hard in the wrong direction. His long silence after you poured your heart out was the first sign that you had gone to far.

While you were being friends for 5 months, and nothing more happened, was an indication for you to be a lot more cautious with your heart. So truth be told, you got a bit carried away with your own feelings, and your anger at him may not be focused on the right things, because you seem to think you had no part in the way things happen.

Hind sight is 20/20, and I am sure you see that mistakes were made, and now its time to correct them, and get your own life back without him in it. It didn't work, nor did things go as you liked, but was fun and exciting for a while but your "friend" just didn't want what you wanted, so leave him alone and deal with your anger for him, and his actions by getting your own happiness back.

I know it sucks, and it will take some time, but it will get better if you let it go, and move forward.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Aug 8, 2010, 06:27 PM

Actions speaks louder than words. Seems pretty clear that he wasn't interested in you, regardless of what he said.

If he cared about you, you would have his attention. Better off not re-opening the same can of worm that you just finished closing. That's never fun.

Find someone else who isn't a can of worms.
    positiveparent Posts: 1,136, Reputation: 291
    -

Aug 10, 2010, 11:03 AM

OP whether you want to accept it or not the guy is just not interested, if you reveal too much too soon, most males will be seen heading for the hills, so please do yourself a favour, forget him, whilst you're wasting time living in lalaland hoping hell come along and rescue you or want you, you're just kidding yourself, he isn't interested that is a clear as glass to all but you from what I see here. Move on and forget him.
    Black_rainbow5 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2011, 09:56 PM
    Thank you all, this has been very helpful and I am glad to say I have moved on

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I don't hate my job, I hate my co-worker(s) [ 23 Answers ]

Do you ever have a day in the office where everything is going grand until you see that one person that really grinds your gears. Well I have one of those- I make one little mistake and she takes it up with the supervisor immediately when in fact she makes a million or more errors daily. How...

I hate myself.I hate my work but have no other option.what should I do? [ 14 Answers ]

I hate myself.I hate my work but have no other option. People near me are OK but are always either scared or are in an licking state. I hate the environment. I can't quit because I hate to learn and what I know is not good enough. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee tell me what shoul I do! anyone!

Does my thermostate need to be replaced [ 2 Answers ]

I turned on the heat yesterday for the first time this fall, and the furnace came on and blew warm air for awhile, then only started blowing cold air. The blower kept running blowing out cold air, so I turned on air conditioning to get the air stopped, waited a few minutes, then turned on the heat...

Replaced coil in new a/c [ 4 Answers ]

Hi - I had a brand new furnace & a/c installed in Oct 2006. When I went to use the a/c in early May, there wasn't any cold air. The HVAC company came out a few times and finally decided to replace the coil on top of the furnace. They said it had a leak and that is where the refrigerent was...

Should coil be replaced when AC is replaced? [ 1 Answers ]

I have an old 3 ton AC unit on the roof. My house is about 1750 sq ft. Last year, the AC unit stopped working. It could never cool the house down once temperature shoots above 80. I had an AC company come by and added refrigerant thinking that's the problem. It seemed to get worse after the...

View more questions Search