Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lorrayne Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2010, 01:09 PM
    I live in NYC. Unemployed 2 years. Just paid off car note. Can creditors take car?
    I live in NYC. Unemployed 2 years. Just paid off car note. Can creditors take car?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 23, 2010, 01:35 PM

Well... guess there is more to your story then you say. If you paid off your car note, under any other circumstances, like judgments, credit cards companies coming after you, that would mean you own your car. So tell us.

Tick
    Lorrayne Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2010, 09:09 PM

Yes, as of this week.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 29, 2011, 06:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorrayne View Post
    Yes, as of this week.
    Lorrayne, if you have no other debts that you are defaulting on no one can take your car. If you have debts you are defaulting on, they won't seize your car because it will not gratify them (to pay off your debt). They don't usually seize something that they will have to sell to recoup money.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I get cheap car insurance if I am 18 years old in NYC? [ 6 Answers ]

I am an 18 year old turning 19, and would like to lease a car. I am unable to put it on my mom or dads name so that's out of the question. I also live in NYC and know that the insurance rates will be really high. What are my best actions in order to get the cheapest insurance possible on my name?

Car Paid for; No Car Titles [ 23 Answers ]

Here’s my issue. I bought a 1999 Mitshubishi Mirage on October 26, 2008. I paid $2700 with a check to Nissan. So the car is paid for. My fiance’ and I went to pay the taxes on the car and Mid-City Auto Title and Insurance informed me that I needed the titles. So I have been calling them about...

New car purchased, taxes paid in two tax years [ 1 Answers ]

I purchased a car at the end of 2007. The dealership included state taxes but neglected to include city and county taxes, which I paid when I registered the car in 2008. Can I only deduct the state taxes for my 2007 tax returns and, if so, can I deduct the city and county taxes from my 2008 tax...

Taking ex off car note [ 5 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I bought a car together. We have since broke up. I am wondering if it's possible to get his name transferred off the title and lien? What do I need to do to get this done? I have the car and he doesn't want to make any more payments on it. Any advice would be appreciated.

Getting a car note out my name [ 1 Answers ]

I have a car that I pay a high car note and I tried to refinance it but I paid way too much for the car and they won't I have a friend that would take over the note how do we put it in her name now if she has bad credit,I don't want to take her word that she will pay it I want to be completely rid...

View more questions Search