Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    major_soccer_freak Posts: 74, Reputation: 0

Dec 4, 2006, 04:54 PM
    Dark brown lines going across my screen from time to time
    I have a problem with my computer monitor, I have these brown horizontal lines that go across my screen sometimes (REALLY ANNOYING). I just replaced the video card so its not that, also if I hit the side of the monitor the lines go away:p Just wondering if there's anything I can do that can fix it! The lines come from the right. I have a syncMaster 793mb Samsung monitor.

Thanks
    choplogik Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2006, 06:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by major_soccer_freak
    I have a problem with my computer monitor, I have these brown horizontal lines that go across my screen sometimes (REALLY ANNOYING). I just replaced the video card so its not that, also if I hit the side of the monitor the lines go away:p Just wondering if theres anything I can do that can fix it! The lines come from the right. I have a syncMaster 793mb Samsung monitor.

Thanks
    I wouldn't suggest trying to tinker with the insides, very dangerous. It does sound like it needs some minor adjustments, if the colors are fine, and there are no weird annomolies other than that, I would say a 25 dollar repair is in order, or you could buy another for about that these days...
    hadi88 Posts: 59, Reputation: 5

Jan 3, 2007, 11:19 AM
    Check out the following link,(if it's a labtop lcd, or might give u a hint).

Horizontal lines across display - View Single Post
    hadi88 Posts: 59, Reputation: 5

Jan 3, 2007, 11:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hadi88
    check out the following link,(if it's a labtop lcd, or might give u a hint).

Oops, here's the link to the site.

Jan 3, 2007, 11:24 AM
    No that information doesn't help I have a CRT flat screen monitor. Thanks though.
    theproject Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2007, 07:21 PM
    Hi. I have the same problem... Samsung 793DF flat CRT screen... must be a problem with the screen itself... anyway.. did you solved it? If so, how?
    Thanks a lot

Feb 18, 2007, 07:25 PM
    Yeah I solved it, I bought a new one cause I am just that rich... No now I have a 500 pound 19 inch moniter I bought from a friend for 20 bucks... It worked.. I guess... I fear it may soon break the desk.. Anyway, I would just suggest taking it to your local computer repair shop and they will fix it for like 40 dollars maybe.

Feb 18, 2007, 07:27 PM
    Also if you hit the side of it reallllly hard it will fix it for about 10 minutes and if your lucky a few days. It relived lots of stress from work though.
    Steve_C Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Feb 26, 2007, 07:54 PM
    Just so you know that the old tube type monitors use 2 frequencies for operation.
    Those ugly lines are caused by a circuit on the board inside the monitor. Depending on the age and how much heat stress the monitor has had there is more of a chance of something that is loose. There are a lot of small components on the board. If they heat up too much they will melt the solder joints which will cause poor connections. That's why when you hit the monitor it worked for a short while.

With the cost of monitors these days its cheaper to replace them than try to get them fixed.
    nomesS Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2007, 02:01 PM
    Clean your monitor from the inside, it helps for a while:o :)
    thesecrets0308 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2008, 10:48 PM
    This is actually extremely weird... I too have a SyncMaster 793MB CRT and I got to tell you... I've been dealing with the brown lines from the right side of my screen for about 3 years now, the answer: whackin' it on the side, (and sometimes on the top), depending on the mood of the monitor on that given day... I've learned to live with it. But, in a related situation, I'm surfin' the forums trying to determine the root of my new display issue... Dark horizontal bars and ghosting across my entire screen, effective today. Didn't appear to be the monitor cause I borrowed a monitor from work today and hooked it up and didn't fix the situation, same dark lines on that one too. So, now I'm definitely considering the possibility of my video card dyin' on me (I hope)

In Conclusion: I believe that the weird brown lines from the right side of the screen is a Samsung thing..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dark brown discharge [ 6 Answers ]

I missed my last period then a week later I had dark brown discharge then I lost quiet bit of blood for about 5 minutes then it happened again on Sunday and its beeb very dark brown ever since I've just found out I'm diabetic could that bwe anything to do with it

Brown discharge for long time [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there. My problem is that every day for a few weeks or so I have had a thick brown discharge. This has happened in the past but I'm pretty sure it has never gone on this long. I'm 18 years old so I'm not sure if that makes any difference or not but I'm just wondering if this is a problem and...

Computer won't start up first time, but will second time [ 8 Answers ]

So this is a completely different computer first off. When I press the power button, everything powers up, but the computer does not post, or beep. If you leave the computer on for like 10 seconds, turn it off, and then turn it immediately back on, it turns on, posts, beeps, boots into Windows...

Part time or full time resident? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am a student in PA and spent about 3 months in New York during the summer for an internship. Since my primary domicile was still in PA (since I had to return for the next year of classes), am I a resident of PA for the full year or a part year resident? Likewise when I file state tax...

View more questions Search