Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 22, 2010, 08:59 PM
    What Factors Might Contribute to the Loss of Vision in a Person?
    HI, All!

I'm asking about factors other than diseases, old age or some kind of accident happening to the eye or eyes..

What might be some significant factors to cause a loss of vision? Maybe reading without enough light? Too much work on a computer? Too much sunlight, etc.

Thanks!
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Apr 23, 2010, 06:56 PM

I can't really answer that question. You've listed just about everything that contributes to eye sight loss. There is no proof that some cause sight loss. But it's easy to do things that can prevent eye sight loss. Wear prescribed lenses, get annual exams, and take appropriate vitamins.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 23, 2010, 08:45 PM
    What would be appropriate vitamins, please?

I'm also glad that you finally came along here, Momma! I was wondering where you've been!
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Apr 24, 2010, 11:18 AM

I don't know. I'm not a doctor. That would be a great question to ask at your next appointment.
    contact_lenses Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2011, 06:41 PM
    Night blindness can be caused from not getting enough vitamin 'A'. Drinking wood alcohol. Looking at the sun. Looking directly into a laser pointer. Hypoxia or blacking out from a lack of oxygen. Certain parasitic infections of the eyes. Dry eyes from insufficient blinking. Sleeping with the eyes partially open. Snow blindness. Rubbing the eyes too much and too hard. Overwearing <a href=http://www.coloredcontacts.com>contact lenses</a> Swimming underwater a lot in fresh water with the eyes open without goggles.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Occasional loss of vision in my left eye [ 13 Answers ]

Im a 26 yr old male and for about 4 or 5 yrs I have had times were I lose my vision in my left eye. Its very random and only last from 1 minute to 10 minutes & its always my left eye. Ive been to the eye doctor many times, every time they say my vision is perfect. Ive had MRI"s, they find nothing....

Loss vision.cause [ 2 Answers ]

Loss vision... cause...

Vision and Hearing Loss [ 1 Answers ]

There have been times when I get up too fast and my vision deteriorates. I see white spots and will have to sit down. Once at work, it happened to me and I loss vision and hearing. I was so scared, but my boss said I just needed some crackers and juice and I should be fine. True, I didn't eat...

Loss of vision in my left eye [ 5 Answers ]

Hello my name is nicklary my question is I have lost some vision in my left eye, this has gone on for a couple of days now, prior to the vison I had pain in that eye when I touched it and now when I look through that eye its like looking through dirty glasses or like looking through smoked glass ...

Vision loss in left eye only for seconds at a time [ 11 Answers ]

I am a 28 year old woman who has been having vision loss in my left eye for the last 6 months. It happens anywhere from 5-20 or more times a day. The loss of vision is for less than 1o seconds but it is very strange. It usually happens when I stretch or do a sudden balance change. I do not get...

View more questions Search