Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sophiiee Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2010, 04:33 AM
    bleeding during and after sex
    Hi , my boyfriend and I have been sexually active for over a year now but sometimes either during or after sex I start to bleed . It doesn't happen all the time , and we don't often have rough sex and when we do , I don't bleed . When I do bleed , it does hurt a lot as well as when I go to the toilet afterwards . I have gone to the doctors and had basically every STI ran and they all came back negative . I am being referred to have an x-ray taken to see if they can see any problem but I may have a long wait and would kind of like to know any ideas . Thanks .
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Apr 22, 2010, 05:57 AM

This could be too many things for me to even guess at.

I really recommend that you wait until you hear back from your doctor.
    Larken85 Posts: 696, Reputation: 146

Apr 22, 2010, 11:02 PM

I second that. But perhaps you have a sore of some sorts inside you down there. Every so often he could hit is just right and rip it back open.

But there are several other reasons this could happen too, so just wait for the x-ray.
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2010, 11:08 PM
    Does using lube make any difference?

Apr 24, 2010, 07:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini54 View Post
    Does using lube make any difference?
    Not particularly although we have only tried using lube once or twice but stopped using it as we didn't particularly like it .
    KathrynS Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2010, 09:31 PM

Is it close to your monthly? I often find for about a week after, I will bleed even though totally done. Just another idea...

May 4, 2010, 11:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by KathrynS View Post
    Is it close to your monthly? I often find for about a week after, I will bleed even though totally done. Just another idea...
    It doesn't as I am on the pill and I back to back it for 3 months so it isn't close to my monthly .
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

May 4, 2010, 11:57 AM

Have you discussed this with your doctor yet?

May 8, 2010, 06:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Synnen View Post
    Have you discussed this with your doctor yet?
    Yeah I have, that's why I am getting the x-ray, bcos I went to the doctors, they ran loads of tests and they all came back negative and so now I'm being referred for the x-ray.
    iplantree Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2010, 08:37 AM

Sometimes HPV doesn't get scanned or is hard to detect because most tests are done only on the cervix and bypass the vagina wall. HPV can make the tissues scar and become a bit brittle- causing pain and are susceptible to friction. Has anyone tried scanned for that? You can try to reach in and search for little bumps in the tissues. These may have to be lasered or liquid nitrogened off.

Also if you are not fully in the mood- you can lack some of the physiology necessary- is this a part of it?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 10, 2010, 06:25 AM

X-rays are not effective for soft tissue issues (MRI's are however) Yeah, I've had enough of both. I suspect any X-ray isn't going to show anything either way.

May 14, 2010, 12:06 PM

No I don't believe that I've been tested for HPV, I've never heard of it before . I shall ask about it next time I'm there , thanks.

And no , its not that I'm not in the mood . That is not part of it . Thanks .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bleeding after sex [ 5 Answers ]

Last week, my partner and I had really rough sex that lasted a while. Afterwards, I noticed bright red blood that was coming from me. A couple months ago, I had the Mirana put in. The bleeding didnt last long, but it was enough blood that I had to wear a liner. Is the bleeding from the rough sex or...

Sex, bleeding although not first time having sex. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a question which I've been looking for an answer for the past day.. . I have had sex with 3 partners which adds up to 6 times of having sexual intercourse all together. Couple of days ago I had my 7th time having sex with someone out of those 3, but yet I started bleeding during...

Bleeding during sex [ 4 Answers ]

What does it mean when a girl that isn't a virgin bleeds during sex, twice?:confused:

Sex and Bleeding [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I had intercorce on Sunday. Then today (MONDAY) I started bleeding. Does that mean that I don't have a Good chance being pregnet? My pieriod usually does not start till the begginging of the month witch is next week? :confused:

View more questions Search