Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mfalle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2010, 07:07 PM
    Dirt or insect droppings around toilet
    I have dirt or insect droppings around where the toilet meets the tile as well as piled up on one of the bolt caps. What could this be?
    truck 41 Posts: 221, Reputation: 21

Apr 21, 2010, 10:49 PM

Sounds like you have bowl wax on the bolts and its collecting dust, and possibly around the base of the toilet.how old is your home? Might need to reset the toilet and clean area to seal with caulk.
    CHayn Posts: 177, Reputation: 10

Apr 22, 2010, 03:47 AM

I think truck is probably right on this one. Not to scare you, but this reminds me of a particular house I was working in. I pulled their toilet and there was a massive carpenter ant nest in the cavity of the base! That was a shocker!
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 22, 2010, 08:14 AM

Clean around the bowl and purchase a tube of Dap White Tub and Tile Caulk. Caulk around the base of the toilet bowl. (see image)
    Good luck, Tom
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Strange Insect [ 3 Answers ]

Not sure this is the forum but you guys have been great in ID'ng things for me. While outside admiring the Iron Weed you folks ID'd for me, I felt something on my arm - rubbed it and then notice it looked like a very small preying mantis. Put it under stereo microscope and it wasn't. See...

My dog is eating bird droppings, should I be worried? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a female doberman that is 10 years old and recently whenever I let her into the backyard I notice that she is eating bird poop:eek: Are there any health issues that I should be concerned about :confused: and is so how can I prevent this?

What is this insect/bug? [ 19 Answers ]

Hi.. I got itching after I woke up in the morning. I found this bug near the place I sleep. Does anyone know what it is? I have never seen this kind of insect before.. its really small but I managed to take a pic from my cam! Thanks!

Insect help! [ 7 Answers ]

Why did insects never evolve (or grow) to sizes more than about 10 to 12 inches long (and, even more strictly no more than an inch or two in diameter)?

Insect help! [ 2 Answers ]

Why did insects never evolve (or grow) to sizes more than about 10 to 12 inches long (and, even more strictly no more than an inch or two in diameter)?

View more questions Search