Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tiffany2303 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2010, 04:54 PM
    Can I get a court ordered dna test?
    There's this girl claiming she's pregnant and my husbands the father of the child. I want to know if he can get a court ordered DNA test because I don't think the girl will do it freely?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 21, 2010, 04:57 PM

If he wants to go for visits or if she tries to get child support, he can request ( make a motion) with the court for a test
    stinawords Posts: 2,071, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Apr 21, 2010, 07:37 PM

Of course as Fr. Chuck said if he wants visitation or if she is wanting support then he makes a motion in court to have one ordered. Until then he shouldn't sign any papers i.e.. The because that legally claims the child as his own. This can't be done until the child is born though.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 21, 2010, 07:40 PM

If she asks for child support, he can petition the court for a test. If he wants visitation, he can petition the court for a test. If he's just curious, no he can't force a test.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Court ordered alcohol test [ 18 Answers ]

I have a court order under the family services act of NB subsection 54(1) that states will participate in random alcohol testing, including urine analysis; now the social worker is stating that I have to submit to blood tests also, but that I need to give my consent to my family doctor for...

How long does it take for a dna test go to court [ 2 Answers ]

How long does it take for court order of a dna test to go to court

Court Ordered DNA test [ 2 Answers ]

My Father Died and his name isn't on my birth certificate and my sister wants nothing to do with me. Can I get a court order DNA test with my sister to prove he was my father and were related.

Court ordered DNA testing [ 11 Answers ]

Conception took place in PA, the mother was a resident of PA; the father was a resident of NJ. The adult child, now living in OR wishes to establish the father's paternity; the father is now living in FL. What court would have jurisdiction over such a case? Is an adoption legal if the father...

View more questions Search