Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yellowstarlady Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2010, 11:55 AM
    Is it OK that my breakthrough bleeding was worse the second month?
    I have recently been changing birth control brands a lot (I know it's bad, that is why I am giving this one the full 3 months.) I was on a very high estrogen dose (Ovcon 50) and then had to switch down to a lower one in January (Necon 1-35). I had breakthrough bleeding the first two months on Necon so my doctor switched me to Microgestin 1.5/30. The first month I had very light breakthrough bleeding and got my period at the normal time. This is my second month and the bleeding as been worse. It's not heavy, it's just worse then before. I noticed this while I was on Necon that the second month was worse. My bleeding has come on the same day each time, the second Sunday and lasts to Friday.
    Is this normal that it has been heavier the 2nd month? Do you think that my body is just freaking out because I have switched so much? I am giving this pill the full 3 months to adjust.

Please help!
    Thanks!
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Apr 21, 2010, 12:44 PM

Its hard to say at this point because it takes a while for your body to adjust. That's why its best to wait three months.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Breakthrough bleeding without missing any pills [ 2 Answers ]

I have been on birth control for 9 mo. I experience spotting for the first 3-4 months, but have not had any since. My doctor said this was normal and my body was just adjusting to the pills. Yesterday I began to spot for the first time in 5 mo. (My period is a week away) I have not missed any pills...

Breakthrough Bleeding [ 2 Answers ]

I just started birth control on May 29. I noticed bleeding on Tuesday (June 12) and was told by my doctor that it is breakthrough bleeding and not an early cycle like I thought it might have been (it's due next at the end of next week). I was also told that this bleeding should only last a couple...

Breakthrough Bleeding on Seasonale. [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: :confused: :confused: I recently switched from Ortho Lo to Seasonale. This is my first time on Seasonale. I'm 7 days into my second month on Seasonale. The last week of the first month, I started to breakthrough bleed (super light). I believe its been about 10 days of...

View more questions Search