Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Apr 22, 2010, 05:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    hi JP, how come it says you joined April 20l0. I thought you had been here longer then that ? Is this a mistake or you are just an old soul ?;)
    He's not the one you are thinking of. This is the guy: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/member...shelper76.html

I agree, the username of the OP is misleading for us who have been here a long time.
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2010, 05:39 AM
    HI, If you read my sigy you'll see what my responses are to those who ask, I got a reddie or 2 before, oh well, in the end,I believe in what I write, if it's wrong,I expect someone to correct me(if they can, hehe) and otherwise, it IS A FREE SITE, if we tell someone to pour gas on themselves and light a match, it's THEIR decision to do this, same as in the real world.
    Uber Member

Apr 22, 2010, 05:46 AM
    Sadly KBC a lot of troubled people wind up on these sites asking for help from anonymous people - some are so easily swayed that they might take the gasoline advice.
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2010, 06:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    Sadly KBC a lot of troubled people wind up on these sites asking for help from anonymous people - some are so easily swayed that they might take the gasoline advice.
    Understandable, but who's going to say something like that anyway.

My point being,we have no control over how others are going to take our information,we can only be responsible for OUR offer,not their interpretation or use of it.

We can't police others advice and expect the OP(or whoever) to see our way every time.
    Uber Member

Apr 22, 2010, 06:13 AM
    Reddies are our only fallback I guess.
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Apr 22, 2010, 07:33 AM

The OP and Jesushelper76 are the same person, just with a fresh start :)
    Uber Member

Apr 22, 2010, 07:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora_Bell View Post
    The OP and Jesushelper76 are the same person, just with a fresh start :)
    Thanks for the heads up though I don't get the point of the "fresh start"
    Dogs Expert

Apr 22, 2010, 07:43 AM

I just smile and nod! :D
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 22, 2010, 07:50 AM

Hello Joe:

You should spend some time on the legal boards. If dangerous advice is given, and it IS all the time, we do NOT let the answer go unchallenged. To me, the value of that kind of discussion, is that the OP has an opportunity to see ALL sides of a question. I think that's a lot better than just hearing one or two posts that agree with each other.

But, in the final analysis, we can't control what the OP'll take away from this site. I don't know why. I've been telling people how to save the world for YEARS, yet the world STILL needs saving.

excon
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2010, 07:53 AM
    Thanks for the heads up though I don't get the point of the "fresh start"
    I think it's because some people get a little weird with their expert titles and greenies...

It's the advice that counts whether you have 2312314 greenies or just 1.

Either way back to Joe's original question:

Bad or good advice people are still going to take the advice they want. If someone came on here want to kill themselves, whether you say go ahead or don't do it it'll be up to them.

When I ask a question, I still pick an choose which one I want to hear-- hell I bet we all do it.

Either way we're here to help... sometimes our advice sucks (even the experts), I know mine isn't always great.

Anywhozzils that's my 2 centavos.
    Dogs Expert

Apr 22, 2010, 09:09 AM

Good point, here 100,000 virtual greenies! :)
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 22, 2010, 09:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesushelper1976 View Post
    What to do about people who constantly give dangerous advice and advice that could very well be deadly to someone?

Besides reporting and giving disagrees? What else can be done?
    What we can do, and what any knowledgeable member should do, is call them on their advice. Sure you get a reddie but you have saved the thread from becoming a potential disaster. That is, if you happen to come across the thread and notice what is going on.

Tick
    Expert

Apr 22, 2010, 09:16 AM

Can someone please get the horrible Facebook notification OUT OF MY FACE PLEASSSSSSSSSSSE AAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH

Tick
    Uber Member

Apr 22, 2010, 09:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    Can someone please get the horrible facebook notification OUT OF MY FACE PLEASSSSSSSSSSSE AAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH

tick
    Use Firefox with AdBlock. :)
    Expert

Apr 22, 2010, 09:23 AM
    Use Firefox with AdBlock. :)
    Hah, I knew that, just testing you
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Apr 22, 2010, 11:09 AM

I think if a person gives bad advice ,while others give good advice.. let them show some facts
    To back up their advice.

I don't mind getting a reddie if it's helping someone. As tick
    And Muddy said who cares about a reddie if you give accurate advice.
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2010, 11:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitkat22 View Post
    I think if a person gives bad advice ,while others give good advice..let them show some facts
    to back up their advice.

I don't mind getting a reddie if it's helping someone. As tick
    and Muddy said who cares about a reddie if you give accurate advice.
    I never said that.. get your facts straight.

Haha just kidding.

This post was irrelevant.

I've got a handful of reddies my first one was from KCTiger.. or was it Romefalls. I was new here. I was being bratty.. haha Now we laugh about it. Well we did a long thread ago.

Here is a great quote:

"When we ask for advice, we are usually looking for an accomplice."
    -Saul Bellow
    Uber Member

Apr 22, 2010, 12:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mudweiser View Post
    I never said that.. get your facts straight.

Haha just kidding.

This post was irrelevant.

I've got a handful of reddies my first one was from KCTiger..or was it Romefalls. I was new here. I was being bratty.. haha Now we laugh about it. Well we did a long thread ago.

Here is a great quote:

"When we ask for advice, we are usually looking for an accomplice."
    -Saul Bellow

I got a reddie from dazed , after he asked the same advice 200 times.
    Oh well, I gave reddies when I first started here. I thought they were
    Something like and M&M or a Starburst. I asked what SFTW meant and I thought the answers were a little mean. Those people forgave me (I hope) Now when someone ask something stupid ,I want to reach through my laptop, grab them and smack them and say STFW
    Wow.. too much coffee today:eek::D
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2010, 12:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitkat22 View Post
    I got a reddie from dazed , after he asked the same advice 200 times.
    Oh well, I gave reddies when I first started here. I thought they were
    something like and M&M or a Starburst. I asked what SFTW meant and i thought the answers were a little mean. Those people forgave me (I hope) Now when someone ask something stupid ,I want to reach through my laptop, grab them and smack them and say STFW
    Wow..too much coffee today:eek::D
    You better not hijack the thread Kit, Joe will squeeze that kittykat neck of yours and bite it off. He's an angry old man... just don't tell him I told you that:eek:
    Uber Member

Apr 22, 2010, 12:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mudweiser View Post
    You better not hijack the thread Kit, Joe will squeeze that kittykat neck of yours and bite it off. He's an angry old man... just don't tell him I told you that:eek:
    Okay.:eek::eek:.. Thanks! The advice we give is accurate as we perceive it.Then you have some of the newer members who c ome along and want to tell someone something totally different.

I think the bad information is given because some people have never experienced a break up or a divorce. Or spousal abuse etc. They speak from inexperience on things they know nothing about and derail the folks who are trying to give accurate information!:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Dangerous Hurricanes [ 4 Answers ]

I was wondering what was the most dangerous hurricane ever?

Most dangerous drugs [ 25 Answers ]

-------------------------------------------- http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17760130/ Research recently published in the medical journal The Lancet rates the most dangerous drugs (starting with the worst) as follows: 1. Heroin 2. Cocaine 3. Barbiturates 4. Street methadone 5. Alcohol 6....

Dangerous appliances [ 3 Answers ]

In what cases does the landlord breach the lease agreement. My family and I have not been living here long but since day one we have been back and forth with the air conditoner unit tripping the breaker. We were told by our landlord on numerous occasions to flip it back; later learning that was...

Emo dangerous? [ 32 Answers ]

I know a 13 year old who claims emo, she writes terrible stories about murder, blood, rape and more, she says she cuts herself, but I am hundreds of miles away and only have recently met her through my husband, (its his sister) he thinks she disturbed, and tries to talk to her to get to know her...

View more questions Search