Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Goldenwolf Posts: 157, Reputation: 9

Apr 20, 2010, 07:08 PM
    Feeling depressed
    I've been feeling really sad today, and its not as if something bad has happened to me, I just feel depressed, and I hadn't noticed it.

I was just living my life the way I do everyday, and then I realised I felt something, couldn't explain at the moment, but it grew more and more, until I really knew it was that.:(
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Apr 20, 2010, 07:19 PM
    I'm not a doctor or a nurse or an expert, but I know where you are at the moment. I have been there a few times in the last few years. It sounds like you may be suffering from depression.

Make an appointment to see your Dr. He will listen and tell you what you need to do. It's nohing to be ashamed of. Millions of people suffer from it. You are in my prayers. Please let us know how you're doing after you see the Dr. Hugs and Blessings:)
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Apr 21, 2010, 02:05 AM
    Obsessing over depression
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenwolf View Post
    I've been feeling really sad today, and its not as if something bad has happened to me, I just feel depressed, and I hadn't noticed it.

I was just living my life the way I do everyday, and then I realised I felt something, couldn't explain at the moment, but it grew more and more, until I really knew it was that.:(
    The more you concentrate on it,the more real it becomes.Depression needs you to doubt yourself.Are you?

It seems you have found a red flag,something that helps you identify a depressed feeling,can you now move on to the next step?The one which you address this for what it is, just a feeling?Something YOU CAN CHANGE!

This came from?A situation?An event? Over time?What is the 'trigger' that you now identify with?

Once you can identify the trigger,you can then address the issue for what it is, most likely situational depression.

Write back,ask more questions,open up about your feelings(depression),it really does take the power away from feeling down when you share it with others.:)
    smith1012 Posts: 62, Reputation: 3

Apr 21, 2010, 10:37 AM

Whatever it is that you're feeling... let it happen, don't resist it. Feel it out, observe it, understand it without thinking.

Depression has a tendency to survive due to your very own feeding. What is its food you may ask? Well... attention. Stop paying attention to thoughts that cause the depressed feeling, ignore it fully.
    Uber Member

Apr 21, 2010, 12:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smith1012 View Post
    Whatever it is that you're feeling... let it happen, don't resist it. Feel it out, observe it, understand it without thinking.

Depression has a tendency to survive due to your very own feeding. What is its food you may ask? Well... attention. Stop paying attention to thoughts that cause the depressed feeling, ignore it fully.
    I don't agree with you... if he is depressed.. it's a disease like anything else. Only his Doctor can tell him if he has ALL the symptoms. Are you an expert? Don't think so. Don't make this person feel like it's their fault... it isn't. :(

Apr 21, 2010, 01:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitkat22 View Post
    i don't agree with you ...if he is depressed..it's a disease like anything else. Only his Doctor can tell him if he has ALL the symptoms. Are you an expert? Don't think so. Don't make this person feel like it's their fault...it isn't. :(
    I am no psychological expert, nor do I need to be one. And I wasn't saying it was his/her fault. Depression is not a bodily disease, it is psychological. With all psychological disorders comes the influence of mind.

I am not advising anyone to cure depression with what I discovered. I'm simply telling you to go beyond it, to where peace truly lies. You aren't the depression nor the individual who is depressed, you are simply the observer or shall I say the one who is aware of it. Whatever you are aware of cannot be who you are.

Like everything including all diseases, they come and they go. With understanding of who you truly are, and not holding on to something you are not, what comes will eventually quickly go, especially depression.

A doctor, at worst case, will simply prescribe medication which just numbs the depressive feeling for a given time which results in the mind calming down and bringing you to bliss.

Be more aware of the depressive feeling inside you. Don't think, feel it out. Accept that it is there. Be consciously aware of the feeling. Understand it because truth be told, depression is just another feeling like anything else. But the mind can quickly make it a suicidal tendency at worst case scenerio.

What different is the feeling of depression compared to an orgasm? Both are just feelings, but the mind labels one as bad/pain and the other as good/pleasure.

HTH Goldenwolf.
    Uber Member

Apr 21, 2010, 01:25 PM
    Like everything including all diseases, they come and they go. With understanding of who you truly are, and not holding on to something you are not, what comes will eventually quickly go, including depression.

HTH Goldenwolf.[/QUOTE]

You are dreaming if you think depression is something you can wish away.. you CAN'T... Do you reall think people who are bi-polor or depressed can just wish it away? Let it go... When you find someone who has wished a bi-polor disease, or severe depressing by "letting it go"
    Let me know. You need to read up on Bi-Polar and depression issues.

Apr 21, 2010, 01:37 PM

You are dreaming if you think depression is something you can wish away..you CAN'T....Do you reall think people who are bi-polor or depressed can just wish it away? Let it go...When you find someone who has wished a bi-polor disease,,or severe depressing by "letting it go"
    let me know. You need to read up on Bi-Polar and depression issues.
    I apologize. My understanding and perspectives may not fit in with yours, so I can't help if there is a tendency to argue back and forth, but that is not my nature.

I'd again like to tell you my perspective on depression and then will let the OP decide.

You are not the person who is depressed. You are the one who is aware of the person who is depressed. So with that said, it doesn't matter what you do about depression. Let it play out or suppress it with medication or understand it through therapy, whatever. However, when you recognize who you truly are, nothing matters. You will always be in bliss even when the body is in pain. Pleasure and pain will mean nothing to you. You will understand that it is life just playing out and you are the witness only.

:)
    Uber Member

Apr 21, 2010, 01:40 PM
    I apologize. My understanding and perspectives may not fit in with yours, so I can't help if there is a tendency to argue back and forth, but that is not my nature.

I'd again like to tell you my perspective on depression and then will let the OP decide.

You are not the person who is depressed. You are the one who is aware of the person who is depressed. So with that said, it doesn't matter what you do about depression. Let it play out or suppress it with medication or understand it through therapy, whatever. However, when you recognize who you truly are, nothing matters. You will always be in bliss even when the body is in pain. Pleasure and pain will mean nothing to you. You will understand that it is life just playing out and you are the witness only.

:)
    What in World are you trying to say? Are you a GURU..

Apr 21, 2010, 01:47 PM
    What in World are you trying to say? Are you a GURU....?
    Not really. :D But as a result of some inner observation whenever I'm stressed, depressed, anxious, even when I'm happy, I'm coming to understand what I am and why we feel negativity after a bunch of spiritual teachers kept on pointing who I was.

Don't believe anything I say, please. Discover it for yourself and if it doesn't work out, then it doesn't work out.
    Uber Member

Apr 21, 2010, 01:50 PM
    Not really. :D But as a result of some inner observation whenever i'm stressed, depressed, anxious, even when I'm happy, I'm coming to understand what I am and why we feel negativity after a bunch of spritual teachers kept on pointing who I was.

Don't believe anything I say, please. Discover it for yourself and if it doesn't work out, then it doesn't work out.

You need to bottle up that inner observation and market it!

Apr 21, 2010, 02:02 PM
    You need to bottle up that inner observation and market it!
    Rather provide for free. :)
    Uber Member

Apr 21, 2010, 02:24 PM

Goldenwolfe.. I can't give any advice except to go and see your
    Doctor. He can advise you on what you need to do and it could be you're just going through a blue spell.

How long have you been feeling this way. You are in my prayers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am feeling very lonely and depressed. [ 19 Answers ]

Some of you may recognize me from some of my postings on relationships. If I look back at my life even just a year ago, I was very active and not feeling so depressed. I own a business that's doing well, I have several great hobbies, I have great friends. The average person would say " Why are...

Feeling left out and depressed [ 4 Answers ]

Not sure this is a common problem for other people, but my daughter has chosen her mother in law to be her best friend/mother/ caretaker of her children. It's not that I have a problem with them being close to each other, it is probably a great thing, it's just that my feelings are so hurt because...

I'm feeling depressed [ 8 Answers ]

I've been molested and raped all my life by strangers, neighbors, friends and family. People I thought I could trust, people I thought I could count on. I can't take much more of it. Now I don't like being around people. I don't like going out on dates or with friends. I don't like going to work or...

Feeling depressed [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I have a problem that I've been dealing with for about 2-3 years. I am always worrying about things from the past and future and I have trouble enjoying things. Sometimes I just feel like getting away from everything and just keep thinking about everything. I tend to replay events over and over...

Feeling Depressed [ 48 Answers ]

Hey, thank you all for reading my posts. I am in need of some serious advice to get me out of my rut. Sometimes I do not even want to get out of bed, but I find myself learning to cope with it a little easier. Anyway, her and I were together for 3 years. We were having problems this last...

View more questions Search