Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yellowjello Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2010, 04:35 PM
    Money back guarantee?
    I bought an ebook from a site that offers a money back guarantee. I wanted to return it and I emailed them, but they never responded. What do I do? And can these money back guarantees be trusted? Because I was thinking about buying something else from another site which also offers a money back guarantee.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 20, 2010, 04:39 PM

What was the period for checking out the ebook? Its going to depend on the wording of the money back contract. Example: You buy an item from the store and you find it broken upon opening. You may be entitled to get your money back. But with an ebook there really is no way of returning it as you could have made a copy of it. So they may have a limited money back contract of 24 hrs. You need to read that first.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 20, 2010, 04:39 PM

Hello yellow:

A guarantee, like ANY promise, is only as good as your ability to enforce it. Most likely, you're not going to be able to do that with this crook.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 20, 2010, 05:03 PM

First did you get permission to return it first. ( Called a RA, return authorization) that is what is suppose to happen.

Have you called them on the phone ?

A warraty is only as good as the company, for some you are lucky to even get the product in the first place

Apr 21, 2010, 09:16 PM

So if I were interested in returning it, what exactly should I do? Like what is step one right now?

Here is the link to the site (don't laugh):
    How To Get Your Ex Boyfrend Back (Win or Get Him Back)

If you scroll down, near the bottom there is a guarantee that says:
    I back "Get Him Back Forever" with a no risk, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee. Your satisfaction is important to me, and I guarantee you will not be disappointed.

If for any reason you aren't completely satisfied with this product, just contact me within 8 weeks and I'll refund 100% of the purchase price. No need for explanations or excuses, just let me know and I'll refund your full purchase price on the spot.
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 22, 2010, 01:19 PM

The contact them and state your reasons your not satisfied with the product you received. That's all you can do at this point assuming its within the 8 week period.

Apr 23, 2010, 05:11 PM

I tried emailing them but they aren't replying.
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 23, 2010, 06:56 PM

Mail this person a letter and tell them you want your money back.

The statement says to contact them directly.

Matt Huston
    545 Belmont Ave. Suite #402
    Kitchener, Ontario, Canada

Ref at bottom of page.

How To Get Your Ex Boyfrend Back (Win or Get Him Back)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

NSBA's faulty money back guarantee [ 2 Answers ]

I also have had a bad experience with NSBA. I asked the company when I joined about the cost per year and was given a specific date for the deduction. Their agents decided they needed the money before the date stated and deducted it from my account. When I called to inquire about it... I...

Bank guarantee [ 1 Answers ]

How much the deposit or cash cover as security to issue Bank Guarantee or Letters of Credit from bank rate AAA ?

Get money back [ 2 Answers ]

I gave my boyfriend over $6000 almost 4 years ago because he was in danger of losing his house. It was assummed he would pay me back when he got some money. I have only received $100 to date and we just broke up. How do I go about getting the rest of my money back?

Guarantee [ 1 Answers ]

If I change electronic dictionary for guarantee and new dictionary breaked too, I have new guarantee or not according law?

View more questions Search