Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    djaguirre Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2010, 10:58 AM
    Can you tye into water heater lines for clothes washer
    Want to hook a clothes washer in garage. Next to water heater..
    Can you tye into the water heater? And what parts do u need?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 20, 2010, 11:05 AM

Does it ever freeze in your area? Sure you can tie into the water heater. Tap the fed line for cold and the outgoing line for hot. What are you pipe made of?
    jupks2 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2010, 11:38 AM

Sure. Just cut the tubing in hot water line and put in a T. run a pipe from t to washer and put a faucet on the end to accept hot water hose. Do the same for cold water line. If you have copper lines the joints need to be soldered.

Paul
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Apr 20, 2010, 02:12 PM

Well, we probably have to ask what kind of plumbing?

The "T" with copper may or may not work, You may require two cuts and a repair coupling to splice into a water line.

You might also want ball valves in addition to the stops for the washer.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 20, 2010, 04:53 PM

Yes, what size line, is there enough volume and pressure to operate at that location. Is there a drain.
    truck 41 Posts: 221, Reputation: 21

Apr 20, 2010, 09:27 PM

What are you doing for a drain?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Washer doent spin all the water out of clothes [ 0 Answers ]

Wash er is not spinning out all the water out of clother wha can it be

What is this in the lines from my water heater? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm in the process of replacing my Apollo Hydroswirl water heater. It uses hot water run through a heat exhanger to heat our house as well. Finding this exact heater has been a big challenge already. Anyway, in looking at the piping to get familiar with how it was installed and determone if I...

Washer won't spin all water out of clothes [ 2 Answers ]

Matag washer Model #LA412 apparently does not spin at full speed and thus leaves the clothes too wet. Takes much too long to dry in dryer. I would appreciate your help. Thanks

Clothes washer waste water pipe [ 2 Answers ]

We want to relocate clothes down washer to basement. Water supply and electricity is no problem. However, the existing 2 inch copper waste pipe runs along side the rim joist at 7 ft above the floor then into the main cast iron waste pipe. Will the washer's pump be strong enough to pump up...

Hook up hot & cold lines and drain to garage utility sink next to clothes washer [ 1 Answers ]

I desire to hook up a utility sink nedst to the existing clothes washer in an enclosed garage area. The washer has existing hot and cold supply lines coming from the wall with a ¾” brass bibb. Can I, and if so, how, can I connect hot and cold lines to the utility sink. It has a standard type...

View more questions Search