Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vinny89 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2010, 03:38 AM
    How can I power a 550w 230v electric cable hoist from a pick-up truck
    How can I power a 550w 230v electric cable hoist from a pick-up truck. I have a ford pick-up truck and I baught an electric cable hoist, it is 230c 550w and comes with a 3pin plug attatched so I can be easily plugged into a socket outlet for use, I want to use it so that it is mounted to the back of my truck and do not want to have to use a generator, any ideas would be greatly appreciated folks
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 20, 2010, 05:37 AM

WHat country are you in?

If you are in a country that has 220v as a standard line voltage, there are inverters available you can put in your truck to convert 12 vdc to 220A/C that aren't all THAT exensive. I'd get a 1,500 watt unit or bigger. Most electric motors have a high initial surge current that means you have to oversize the inverter by a large margin for it to work.

Unless that's a US market unit that is split phase then I don't know of a solution.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a VFD input 230V 28.5A... out put 230V 10A 3phase, what breaker & wire gauge? [ 4 Answers ]

I inherited a 1972 Unisaw 3hp 3Phase motor. I have a 30 amp breaker going to my detached garage with a sub panel of 4 15amp breakers. The VFD to run the saw has an input of 230V single phase 28.5amps (I am not sure if this is the correct amount of amps, seems kind of high) and an output of 230V...

What about this power saving technology with capasitors that pick up power surg [ 2 Answers ]

This is a power saving device that colects power spikes and will store the power in capacitors. Thies advanced capactors store the power until there is a new power load like turning on your welder. Or air conditioner ? (this has nothing to do with your computer).

1996 Ford Ranger pick-up truck [ 5 Answers ]

Hello... What type or grade of oil should I put in 4 cyl. 2.3 L engineof my 1996 Ford Ranger pick-up truck with 110,000 miles? Also... The type of filter?. Thanks for your time and response... sport billy:confused:

Toyota pick up cable? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1992 toyota with a V6, automatic trans. This truck will not change gears. Its stays in first gear no matter how high my RPMS get. There is a cable that goes from the trans. To somewhere?. I was told it was a detent cable and it goes on the throttle body, however it does not go to the...

View more questions Search