Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AbouAdel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2010, 08:38 AM
    Installing check valves in main sewer lines
    Is it accepted in international plumbing code to install a check valve in drainage system (especially in main sewer lines)?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 19, 2010, 12:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by AbouAdel View Post
    Is it accepted in international plumbing code to install a check valve in drainage system (especially in main sewer lines)?
    A sewer check valve's (see image) is acceptable In my code, (SPC) . However the drawback to that is while the check valve's blocking a street back up you can't drain or flush anything in the house. Let's see what some of our other experts say about it, Cheers, Tom
    Attached Images

truck 41 Posts: 221, Reputation: 21

Apr 19, 2010, 09:32 PM

What problem are you faced with that brings up this question? Just wondering!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sewer Pump Check Valves [ 4 Answers ]

I've had significant issues with my sewer alarm going off every few months. The plumber recently replaced the check valve. A second plumber (passing through) told me that my brass, "spring" check valve on a vertical pipe should have been in a horizontal position and should be a "swing" valve not...

Installing a cleanout on my main sewer? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, My neighbor and I will be digging a 9 foot deep hole on the side of my house to access my main sewer line which is about 3 feet inside the foundation of my house. Can anyone tell me the level of difficulty of this job... and how to do it? I want to install a cleanout so I can have access...

Installation of Check Valves and Gate valves [ 2 Answers ]

Where is the ideal location to install Gate valves and Check valves for a domestic water supply system?

Plugging hole in main sewer line/installing cleanout? [ 2 Answers ]

My basement sewer backs up every so often from a hole the previous owner drilled in the cast iron pipe which they used as a drain for the washer and a wash basin. The hole is 2-3 inch in diameter and is not sealed in anyway. To me this seems stupid and probably the cause of the sewer backups...

View more questions Search