Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2010, 07:25 AM
    Dinosaur media complains to White House
    The lapdog White House press corpse had a 75 minute meeting with the arrogant Robert Gibbs to complain about the fact that they are pretty irrelevant.
    Press airs grievances to Robert Gibbs - Mike Allen - POLITICO.com

They compained that the adm makes use of Internet to disseminate information rather than going directly to the self appointed filter of information the major networks and news organizations provide. They complained that the White House hired people to take pictures of the President instead of making use of their staff photographers. They compained that the White House has shrunk the pool of reporters travelling for free on Air Force One when their own news organizations are cutting back on their travelling perks .They complained that they had to use their own net access instead of the White House providing it for them when they had a filing deadline to meet.

Hate to break it to them . The White House has 527,000 followers on Facebook and probably more on Twitter . The White House web site has an extensive listing of daily briefing ,statements and releases... it even has a blog .

Meanwhile the newspapers and the network news organizations face increasing decline in viewership and readership. I fail to see why the President should care that he offends the sensibilities of the press pool who think that they have sanctity in our system.

Is the 1st amendment violated if the President doesn't kiss the feet of the dinosaur media ? Under what authority do they demand the kind of access they get . More people read Huffpo and Drudge than the NY Slimes. Why isn't Arianna Huffington and Drudge assigned perches in the press room ? The press pool should be rotated in to include the 21st century media and the dinosaurs should be moved to a homeless tent in Lafayette Square .
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2010, 08:44 AM

Didn't they give a slot to Huffpo at one time, and did you hear about Soccergate?

The media has made themselves rather irrelevant, and yes that is the sound of tiny violins you're hearing. I can kind of understand their disappoint though, after carrying the water for Obama the last couple of years you'd think the White Hose would be more accommodating.
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Apr 19, 2010, 08:49 AM

If the msm actually presented the facts and both sides of a story maybe they would be relevant. They can't compete against alternative media, whose agenda's and slant's are at least transparent.

G&P
    Ultra Member

Apr 20, 2010, 04:46 AM

I can kind of understand their disappoint though, after carrying the water for Obama the last couple of years you'd think the White Hose would be more accommodating.
    Also the story has moved away from the White House .If I were stuck in the press pool I'd request a transfer to cover the Tea Party movement . It is growing ,building momentum and beginning to officially define itself as a force to be dealt with.
    The Contract from America

The other problem I think is that Obama has become quite Nixonian in his relations with the press . He is thin skinned ;and obviously is not as extemporaneously comfortable as he initially appeared during the campaign.
    The teleprompter has become a permanent prop ,but it can't be used in a press conference setting . So the President's solution is to stop giving off the cuff statements.

Finally Robert Gibbs is an arrogant punk who tries to inflate his self importance .He tries to make himself the story or a big part of the story constantly reminding the press that he confers often with POTUS,and has much face time. Whoop whoop .

My advice to the press corpse is to do some actual investigative reporting for a change and play the traditional role of the 4th Estate. Maybe then they can compete with citizen reporters in pajamas.
    Ultra Member

Apr 20, 2010, 05:20 AM

But tom, didn't you know, the media is already doing investigative journalism - on the Tea Party.
    Ultra Member

Apr 20, 2010, 05:56 AM

Yes ;that type of reporting is why the Slimes is close to consignment to the trash heap.Jayson Blair comes to mind.
    Ultra Member

Apr 20, 2010, 06:22 AM

When they can't find overt racism they resort to these implied references .

It appears to be a concerted effort with the Democrats and the compliant press to paint with a broad brush the scarlet "racist" label on the Tea Party movement.

It could be a good strategy in that if the tea partiers get goaded enough into wasting time defending themselves against the slurs then it will distract them from staying on message.

But it also is a statement on how much the Democrats fear the popular opposition.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 20, 2010, 07:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    When they can't find overt racism
    Hello tom:

I agree. The tea partiers aren't overt in their racism. They're oblivious to it, and that, in and of itself, is racist.

To wit, from a recent CBS poll: 25% think that the administration favors blacks over whites — compared with 11% of the general public. They are more likely than the general public, and Republicans, to say that too much has been made of the problems facing black people.

I'd exchange the word "ignorant" for "racist" if that would make you feel better.

excon
    Ultra Member

Apr 20, 2010, 07:25 AM

Yes I put great weight behind CBS /NY Slimes polling . Like I said... baseless accusations need not be addressed.
    Uber Member

Apr 20, 2010, 07:46 AM
    Yes I put great weight behind CBS /NY Slimes polling . Like I said ...baseless accusations need not be addressed.
    Hello again, tom:

I know you don't like them. But, I don't believe they would conduct a fraudulent poll. As much as I don't like the right wing media, and as much as I believe the results of a poll can be manipulated, I don't even believe the right wing conducts FRAUDULENT polls.

If we have devolved to reporting ANYTHING we want, and the facts be damned, then our democracy is dead.

Look, you and I have had discussions about race and racism. YOU echo the tea party perfectly.

excon
    Ultra Member

Apr 20, 2010, 07:47 AM
    Ex, CNN actually did a piece telling a different story (though the author couldn't resist mentioning the Cleaver/Lewis non-incident which had already been refuted). And of course the blacks among the tea partiers are not really black, right?

Ultra Member

Apr 20, 2010, 08:13 AM

Look, you and I have had discussions about race and racism. YOU echo the tea party perfectly
    So I'm either racist or ignorant.

I find nothing wrong with the color of the President's skin.It's the content of his policies .
    Uber Member

Apr 20, 2010, 08:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    though the author couldn't resist mentioning the Cleaver/Lewis non-incident which had already been refuted.
    Hello again, Steve:

You can call it racism, you can call it ignorance, or you can call it a different belief system...

But, I for one, refuse to believe that a sitting US Congressman, who is an ICON of the civil rights movement, who was beaten to a pulp because he tried to cross a bridge while being black, who was arrested over 40 times in the honorable and worthy pursuit of desegregation, would flat out lie.

For you to believe that he would, shows me that you have some racist bones in your body, because I think you WOULD believe a WHITE southern congressman with the bonifides John Lewis has.

excon
    Uber Member

Apr 20, 2010, 08:20 AM
    So I'm either racist or ignorant.
    Hello tom:

Yup.

excon

Apr 20, 2010, 08:26 AM

Ex

Speaking of racism - does the Rev Wright have to be brought up again?

When one side has no ideas that either are actually proven successful nor popular with the average American what do we get? The tactic of demonizing the opponent with false generalities.

If those who oppose the IDEAS of the Tea Party movement had any reasonable counter point to limited government, lower taxes, fiscal restraint by the government then why don't they tell us and show us the facts and the numbers?

G&P
    Ultra Member

Apr 20, 2010, 08:37 AM
    I don't care what creds anyone has, if they lied they're a liar. See for yourself. Has anyone claimed Breitbart's 100 grand?
    Uber Member

Apr 20, 2010, 08:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by inthebox View Post
    Speaking of racism - does the Rev Wright have to be brought up again?
    Hello in:

If, by bringing it up, you AGREE with me that racism exists, sure.

But, if you mean to suggest that racism exists in the BLACK community, but not in the WHITE, and especially NOT in the tea partiers, then bringing it up only shows your own, shall we say, intolerance.

excon

Apr 20, 2010, 08:47 AM

Show us the you tube video[s] of the N word incident?

Limited government
    Respect for the constitution
    Fiscal sanity in DC
    Lower taxes

Lets talk about these.

Fact is, this is going on

GM, church team up to convert sales | freep.com | Detroit Free Press

G&P
    Uber Member

Apr 20, 2010, 09:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    Has anyone claimed Breitbart's 100 grand?
    Quote Originally Posted by inthebox View Post
    Show us the you tube video[s] of the N word incident?
    Hello again, in, and you too, Steve.

See post #13 above.

excon

PS> In the world, there can BE proof that something DID happen. However, there CANNOT be proof that something DIDN'T happen. It's an impossibility. To suggest that something DIDN'T happen because there's no proof it DID, is ludicrous on it's face.
    Ultra Member

Apr 20, 2010, 09:17 AM

No, follow the link on post # 17 above. There was no spitting incident and there was no "n word" incident.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

3yr old boy complains penis is sore [ 1 Answers ]

Hi my little 3yr old boy used the toilet this morning with now complaints at all.Two hours later her said to me his penis is sore,I had a look took his skin back a little and saw it has A white discharge.Should I wadh him with luke warm salt water?

Everyone complains but I get it only once a week! [ 4 Answers ]

There are so many posts about this topic that people used to get it 3-4 times a day and now its every other day. My relationship had an amazing sex life, in the very beginning we used to do it a couple days a week because we had the time. Since we don't live together we cannot do it all the time. ...

Crime in the White House? [ 34 Answers ]

Hello: Well, you got your Pelosi's who want to let bygones be bygones... Then you got your Constitutional lawyers like Glenn Greenwald, who wants accountability. Where do you come down? I'm talking specifically about the crimes of the Bush administration. Yes, I think he and his cohorts...

With this woman running the House, do you really want a Dem in the White House? [ 9 Answers ]

This woman is frightening. She quotes... ' We need to work toward the goal of equalizing income, (didn't Marx say something like this), in our country and at the same time limiting the amount the rich can invest.' ( I am not rich, are you?) When asked how these new tax dollars would be...

My 15 year old daughter constantly complains of headache, stomach aches, etc. [ 2 Answers ]

My 15 year old daughter has a headache almost every day, stomach pains (not necessarily stomach but can be all over in different places and different kinds of pain, sometimes shooting pains sometimes constant), dizziness often associated with headache and stomach pain. Irregular periods sometimes...

View more questions Search