Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sanket4321 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2010, 12:30 AM
    Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D -
    The host 'smtp.gmail.com' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'pop.gmail.com', Server: 'smtp.gmail.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D
    sanket4321 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2010, 12:39 AM
    IN outlook express when I click send & receive socket error shows
    In outlook express When I click send & receive below error shows.

The host 'smtp.gmail.com' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'pop.gmail.com', Server: 'smtp.gmail.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D

The host 'pop.gmail.com' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'pop.gmail.com', Server: 'pop.gmail.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 1080, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D

How to solve this error
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Apr 19, 2010, 12:40 AM
    Check your mail settings as this is what's causing the error.
    Gmail uses secure connection and not the normal port 25 for SMTP.
    Details here: Supported POP client list - Gmail Help

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Socket Error: 11001 [ 4 Answers ]

I am trying to get Mail (Vista) set up to send and receive mail from my POP3 Yahoo account. I am able to receive mail but when I send it, I get the following error The host 'plus.smtp.mail.yahoo.com' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account:...

Error 0x800ccc0d [ 2 Answers ]

Every time I try to sent a file or folder I get this erroe it says yahoo.com was not found.I think my kids did this or husbabnd could you help me fix this so I can send pics from a file or any other file please

View more questions Search