Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ann1980 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2010, 04:41 PM
    Children to get ssi benefits
    My daughters father receives ssi disability he claims it is supplemental but he was court ordered to pay child support and I need to know what to do about my daughter drawing from the ssi.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 18, 2010, 05:18 PM

You could go down and ask or call and ask. She should have been signed up at the same time.
    stinawords Posts: 2,071, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Apr 18, 2010, 08:22 PM

You would have to get ahold of your ss office in the morning. Did he go back to court after being awarded with SSI? Because if that is his only income then the support order can and generally will be terminated. Any arrears that have already pilled up will still be owed but not collectible out of the SSI money.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do children receive SSI benefits for a disabled parent? [ 29 Answers ]

Do children that have a disabled parent that receives SSI benefits only receive a check themselves if they are under 18 years old? I have heard that if the parent was under a certain poverty level that the children would receive a check also. Is there any truth to this?

Can children of a disabled parent who receives ssi also get ssi checks? [ 1 Answers ]

How do I apply for my 2 babies to receive ssi checks... I've been receiving an ssi check since I was about 18.. the mother of my babies is living back at her mothers because her mother has sarcoma cancer and had her leg amputated up to the tip and the cancer then spread to her lungs so she is...

SSI Benefits [ 1 Answers ]

If the seniors on SSI moves from one state to another, will the benefit amount adjust according to the cost of living in the new area or state?

Deceased birthmother drew SSI benefits. What are children eligible for? [ 16 Answers ]

A birthmother had 5 children. While alive she drew disability benefits. Not the kind where you become disabled after you have paid into the system, but the kind where you are disabled and never able to work. (She was diagnosed Manic Depressive.) Anyway, is there any money at all these kids are...

View more questions Search