Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    catsmeow67 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2010, 04:23 PM
    free legal rights of fiance' after my death
    we've been living as man and wife since 4/15/2009 he was still married but in the begainng stages of getting divorice. When he passed away at the hospitalfrom heard anurisom(?) but frist he told staff that under no CIRRCUMSTANCES WAS HIS X WIFE BE ALOUD NEAR HIM if she showed up they were to remove her. Now she is trying to control what is done with him and who can do it. Do I have any rights to stop her if so how
    catsmeow67 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2010, 04:28 PM
    Asked 2010-04-19 by catsmeow67 in Bereavement with 0 reply
    we've been living as man and wife since 4/15/2009 he was still married but in the begainng stages of getting divorice. When he passed away at the hospitalfrom heard anurisom(?) but frist he told staff that under no CIRRCUMSTANCES WAS HIS X WIFE BE ALOUD NEAR HIM if she showed up they were
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 18, 2010, 05:21 PM

Not unless he had some kind of a will. Everything reverts to her so long as the divorce wasn't final yet.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 18, 2010, 07:22 PM

Merged, please do not ask the same question over,

You may add more info by answering your own question

But you have no rights what so ever if he was still married and there was no formal court separation or divorce.

If not, they are still married and she has all legal rights to funeral and to inherit everything
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2010, 06:09 AM

She is the surviving spouse and it is no different that if they were living together and happily married.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 19, 2010, 09:27 AM

You have no rights whatsoever when it comes to his estate. If he has a valid Will his wife is still entitled to a certain percentage under the law (differs in every State), even if he "writes her out."

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What are the legal rights of an adopted donor child, once he/she reaches legal age? [ 4 Answers ]

Does the child have a right to know the donor-father? If the adopted family (legal family) underwent a divorce, what child-support rights do the child have pertaining to the legal father? Especially once legal age (21) is reached? Can the child/teen take his biological father's last name?

Is there legal visitation rights for nonbiological or legal parents [ 5 Answers ]

I am from South Dakota and I had met a man that had full legal custody of his infant son. The biological mother very rare saw the child and was not involved in his life. I started dating this man when the child was 8 months old and we were engaged by the time he was 11 months old. The child's...

Paid 50% of home mortgage titled to my fiance' - now he wants to evict me - is legal? [ 5 Answers ]

My fiance' purchased a home (the title and mortgage are on his name ONLY) and I have been paying 50% of mortgage, upkeeping expenses and home improvements (I have bank statements and receipts) since day 1 - for about 1.5 years. He now broke up the engagement, and he is asking me to conribute to...

I am getting married and my fianc? Wants to adopt my son who's father is on death row [ 2 Answers ]

How do we go about doing this? He never signed my sons birth certificate and never paid any child support. My son is 14 now and wants to be my fiancés son. He (my fiance) has been the only father he has ever known since he was 8 weeks old. Also my sons biological father was very violent towards...

View more questions Search