DaringD63 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2010, 01:24 PM
    I can't pull the pull cord on my lawn mower
    I can't pull the pull cord on my briggs & straton
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Apr 19, 2010, 09:53 AM

Hi,
    Remove the spark plug to see if you have liquid in the cylinder. Also, see if you can turn the engine by the blade, carefully!
    Could be hydraulically locked or locked for another reason.
    Peace,
    Clarke
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 19, 2010, 10:01 AM

Agreed but also check your oil level to see if your crankcase is now totally filled with oil and gas. If you carb has been leaking fuel over the winter months the fuel will settle down in the oil sump, can't get the piston to move if there is no air space left in the crank.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Snowblower won't start, made bad noise using electric, pull cord now hard to pull. [ 7 Answers ]

I tried to start my snowblower today and it wouldn't start. I decided to try the electric start, plugged it in, hit the start button and all it made was a spinny grinding noise. Unplugged it, and tried to start it manually with pull cord again. The cord would not pull without lots of effort and...

Pull cord won't pull on Murray 2.0 mower [ 7 Answers ]

I have a Murray/Briggs 6.0 engine mower and the pull cord is sticking. It will stop after pulling about 4 inches. Then if I jiggle the pull cord it will extend another 4 inches. I can see a plastic piece that seems to be stopping it at every four inches. What is causing this and what is the repair...

Mower Pull Cord [ 2 Answers ]

Our mower was working fine. One day it stalled and now the cord will only pull out about 4-6 inches. It seems as there is a safety catch stopping the cord from being pulled all the way. There is a "click" when it reaches the 4-6" point. I am holding down the safety bar, but nothing. Any ideas?

View more questions Search