Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JakkiTh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2010, 12:23 PM
    Care homes
    How difficult is it for you to set up a rest home in your own house - we have just built a house and have a separate wing with two beautiful rooms - large doubles I have been told I could charge appx £700 for one and £900 for the other does that sound unreasonable?
    Is the interviewing by the Care Homes difficult?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 18, 2010, 12:32 PM

You have regulations, procedures, and absolutely have to have RN and doctor on call, or even an RN in residence. It really all depends on what level of care you intend to provide. Will you have seniors with specific needs and must have their meds given to them because they can't manage that? Are you willing to provide care where diapers have to be changed at regular intervals and specific lifting equipment for baths ? I am not setting up roadblocks for you but these are some things you have to consider when considering homecare.

I don't know what the interviewing process entails for care homes in England, but must be similar to care homes in Canada and they are government regulated now and private citizens find it difficult to open care homes because of these regulations and procedures.

You may have two very nice rooms, but our government regulations are bathrooms for each unit, hospital beds for sure, but like I said, it all depends on the level of care you want to provide.

Ms tickle

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Health care & home care [ 2 Answers ]

How do I set up health care & Home care agency?

Is Microsoft One care or care one any good? [ 2 Answers ]

I recently had the Internet antivirus pro VIRUS and decided to download MSOne Care. Is it any better than MacAfee or any others?

Care values of care workers when communicating [ 1 Answers ]

health and social care help :confused: can someone tell me how to promote anti-discrimination to recognise cultural differences to acknowledge service users personal beliefs and identities r care values of care workers when communicating in their day-to-day tasks :confused:

Care provider or care giver. WHAT! [ 1 Answers ]

Why in some states like the Northwest and West coast fathers are viewed has the care provider and the mother the care giver, now I now the difference so don't get all technical with me, all I'm saying isn't that view and definition a little bias and favor the mother. Us as fathers have to provide...

Depende care claim from FSA for dependent care [ 1 Answers ]

Dear expert, I started to work in a company from last November. My FSA for dependent care was set up in Feburary( 3 months waiting period from company policy), may I claim the dependent care incurred in January? I worked full time in January in this company. Thank you.

View more questions Search