Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Apr 19, 2010, 12:23 PM
    Thank you, Ms. A. I've heard that joke before but it still makes me smile. :)

The meds are something I would really prefer to avoid only because I'm afraid of becoming emotionally addicted, if not physically addicted. I've made it over 2 years so far without any. I'm going to keep trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    The medications will help, but the rest is up to you. I think that you took a big step here today by posting about this. The people on this site are so great, I couldn't have gotten through the last few months without them. Actually, truth told, they've pulled me out of a slump more times then they even know.

So come here, post about what's bothering you. Sometimes just talking about things, not holding them in, can help tremendously. Know that we're all here for you, even if you just need to vent.

So go ahead, the sky's the limit, let's try to get through this together. Okay? :)
    Know what? Posting about it on here really did help. The caring and kindness of people here in "public", and in private messages, has been astounding. I wouldn't say that I'm feeling good, but I'm certainly feeling a lot better since I first posted. Now I may have to re-think my current policy of hating the whole world. :) In the past I hadn't really paid a lot of attention to other areas of this site besides the legal areas. That's going to change now.

Thank you.
    Expert

Apr 19, 2010, 12:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitkat22 View Post
    Please don't take this wrong Okay? I know what you said about religion and I don't want to ever not do what my heart tells me too.

Please ask God to help you through this time. He is always there and he will bring you comfort.

I just had to post this..I don't know why..but I do know this he has brought me through so many
    storms in my life.

You may not want to do this, but I will remember you in my prayers...Blessings
    Thank you, Kitkat. I really do appreciate it.

I should have been a little bit clearer in my comment before. I believe in God and asking God for help. I just have no use for organized religion. :)
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Apr 19, 2010, 12:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaB4657 View Post
    Thank you, Kitkat. I really do appreciate it.

I should have been a little bit clearer in my comment before. I believe in God and asking God for help. I just have no use for organized religion. :)

God will help.. wait and see... I think a lot of people feel that way about
    Organized religion. I'm glad you believe in God.. He'll answer your prayers and I'm going to pray for you everyday... He's still in control. Hugs and blessings:)
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 19, 2010, 03:14 PM

Lisa, I'm infamous for my chit chat threads. Come join us. Anyone is welcome, it's a place to let loose, shoot the poo, chat about anything and everything. Here's the link;

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/lounge...ad-462832.html

The people that come here, old members, new members, doesn't matter, are the people that keep me coming back. I love answering questions here, but these people have all become my friends in a very real way, even though we've never met.

So join us. We welcome anyone, just check it out, it may bring a smile to your face. I know it keeps me giggling. :)

I do understand your desire to do this without medication. I felt the same way. I thought that going on anti-depressants meant that there was something wrong with me. When I talked to my doctor about it he just looked at me, said "You mother has cancer, your father isn't doing well, you have a 2 year old child and a lot on your plate. There is no shame in getting some help to deal with all of this".

I decided to take his advice and started taking the meds. A few months later my dad's apparent depression over my mothers diagnosis turned out to be more. He too had cancer. He died less then 2 weeks after his diagnosis. It was the hardest thing I'd ever faced. I can only imagine how much worse it would have been without the meds. Then, 6 1/2 months later my mother lost her battle. All before my little boy was 3 years old.

The pills aren't a crutch, they just help you through. Yes, I'm still on them, I have an imbalance and will likely be on them for my entire life. For you it would just be temporary, to help you get over this hump.

There's no shame in getting help, no matter what that help will be. With or without pills you'll get there, it would just be easier for you with meds. That's my opinion anyway. :)

Now join us in the chat area, come one, come all. Be forewarned, I'm a bit sarcastic and I love to have fun. If you can handle that, you'll have a blast, I promise. :)
    Expert

Apr 20, 2010, 06:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    Lisa, I'm infamous for my chit chat threads. Come join us. Anyone is welcome, it's a place to let loose, shoot the poo, chat about anything and everything. Here's the link;

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/lounge...ad-462832.html
    You mean the threads that have 400-500 posts in them? I've seen them. :)
    I do understand your desire to do this without medication. I felt the same way. I thought that going on anti-depressants meant that there was something wrong with me. When I talked to my doctor about it he just looked at me, said "You mother has cancer, your father isn't doing well, you have a 2 year old child and a lot on your plate. There is no shame in getting some help to deal with all of this".

I decided to take his advice and started taking the meds. A few months later my dad's apparent depression over my mothers diagnosis turned out to be more. He too had cancer. He died less then 2 weeks after his diagnosis. It was the hardest thing I'd ever faced. I can only imagine how much worse it would have been without the meds. Then, 6 1/2 months later my mother lost her battle. All before my little boy was 3 years old.
    I'm very sorry for your losses. My father died of cancer 15 years ago. My mother just went through a about 6 months ago but things are looking better now. My sister went through her about 9 years ago and so far she's still clean. I'm waiting for mine to get here. :/

The pills aren't a crutch, they just help you through. Yes, I'm still on them, I have an imbalance and will likely be on them for my entire life. For you it would just be temporary, to help you get over this hump.

There's no shame in getting help, no matter what that help will be. With or without pills you'll get there, it would just be easier for you with meds. That's my opinion anyway. :)
    Thank you. I appreciate hearing it.

Now join us in the chat area, come one, come all. Be forewarned, I'm a bit sarcastic and I love to have fun. If you can handle that, you'll have a blast, I promise. :)
    I may do that. :)
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Apr 20, 2010, 06:18 AM
    You mean the threads that have 400-500 posts in them? I've seen them. :)

I'm very sorry for your losses. My father died of cancer 15 years ago. My mother just went through a bout 6 months ago but things are looking better now. My sister went through her bout 9 years ago and so far she's still clean. I'm waiting for mine to get here. :/

Thank you. I appreciate hearing it.

They are fun... you'll laugh... a lot... Alty is right you should pop in.:)
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 20, 2010, 06:32 AM
    Hello Lisa:

Or, you could jump on a plane and meet me in Vegas.;)

excon
    Expert

Apr 20, 2010, 06:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello Lisa:

Or, you could jump on a plane and meet me in Vegas.;)

excon
    Oh boy!!

Um... can you send me a plane ticket? :)
    Expert

Apr 20, 2010, 06:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitkat22 View Post
    They are fun...you'll laugh...a lot.....Alty is right you should pop in.:)
    Maybe soon, Kitkat. But right now I want to see if I can find a way to make Excon's suggestion work. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need good moving Tips [ 2 Answers ]

I am moving house in a few days an struck in packing as I am single. Please share me your best moving tips about packing so I could make it less stress fully.

Healthy,feeling good [ 1 Answers ]

Hi my name is Jason,&im 15 about to turn 16.When I was a kid I use to make myself faint by cutting ogg my air circulation(now I know that it kills brain cells).I use to do it a lot I would say 65 times in my whole life mabe 50 flat.Do you think its going to effect me later in life?Anyway eversince...

I need some good tips [ 2 Answers ]

When I was just six months my mom gave me to my grandmother both my dad and my mom have never been in my life and now its hard for grandmother because she gave to take care of me when she should be looking to retire. I has been bothering me my grandmother is getting real mad because she is tired...

Feeling good [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I can't figure out what feels good for me sexually. I've heard that if your boyfriend/partner can't pleasure you sexually that you need to tell him what feels good for you, but how do you find that out? Also once I finally do find out, It'll probably be hard for me to tell him.

Got any good Turkey tips. [ 2 Answers ]

How many ways can you cook a turkey for thanksgiving show your best?

View more questions Search