Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BiWiccanAndProud Posts: 530, Reputation: 25

Apr 17, 2010, 04:27 PM
    Is this my lizards happy or mad face?
    My lizard has this thing he does where he closes his eyes tight and opens up his mouth, I didn't know what it was a first, now I think it is probably a mad face but I want to make sure. I know I usually calm him down by spraying him with water and usually he calms down after that.

Are there any other things a lizard does that I need to watch for? I discovered the hard way that when he crouches down, belly close to the ground he is extremely pissed off, are there any others?

Thank you in advance for any answers.

P.S. If it helps, my lizard is a water dragon.
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Apr 18, 2010, 05:27 PM
    First of all, no reptile exhibits human emotion. The lizard had its mouth open because its hot, not because its "mad". That is how lizards help regulate body temp.

They lay low to the ground when they're cold, trying to gather heat from the ground or from the sun.

What kind of lizard do you have? You may need to regulate the temp. In the cage better if he's exibiting those drastic temperments.

Please don't put human emotion into an animal. That's where mistakes are made and people get hurt.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I can't figure out my face shape and I want to get my hair cut to suit my face [ 5 Answers ]

The measurements of my face are: Widest part of cheekbones (cheekbone to cheekbone) - 9 inches Widest part of jaw (widest part on the left to widest part on the right) - 8 inches Widest part of forehead (" ") - 8 inches Length of face - 7 inches It says my face shape is square but it...

Poison for lizards [ 1 Answers ]

I want to eliminate lizards in my house. What kind of poison can I use?

Yay! My face looks like a dalmatian! I'm so happy! [ 8 Answers ]

... NOT. This sucks. For some reason for the most part my lightening has always been even. I never have to deal with patches of light and dark here and there. But this STUPID soap peeled off some of my skin like around my cheek bones and the outter edges of my face. It is SO embarrassing. I'm...

How to get rid of lizards [ 6 Answers ]

Well I dread lizards. And where I live there are a lot of them sticking on the wall. They just come at night and if there is any hole they just creep in. How do I make them stay away?

Lizards taking over [ 3 Answers ]

I have a friend who has a lot of lizards in his place. Also inside of the house. They make a kissing sound which means they are probably mating or just being annoying. Every night when you walk anywhere in the house you see them crossing your paths. I was wondering what type of poison could he get...

View more questions Search