Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bellburch Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2010, 03:39 PM
    How do I reset my kenmore ultra wash dishwasher 665.15779990
    I do not have a "dry heat" button. I have a "no dry heat" button. The "no dry heat" button comes on when I press start. Then the lock light flashes until I unlock it. Then it happens all over again. None of the other buttons will even come on except the quick rinse and the water heat, however it won't start with them either. Also, it looks like the wash,rinse,and dry sensor lights remain dim for some reason. I've tried the reset suggestions for the other models and none of them worked. Mine is a kenmore ultra wash 665.15779990. Does anyone know how to reset this machine? Sears won't tell me over the phone.
    applguy Posts: 324, Reputation: 23

Apr 18, 2010, 07:08 PM
    The first thing I would do is disconnect power from the appliance for 5 to 10 minutes, then reapply power and retest the unit. If that doesn't do the trick, then I would initiate the diagnostic mode by pressing "high temp wash" "air dry" "high temp wash" "air dry" in that order within 5 seconds. The words on the control panel can vary, so pick the buttons that would mean the same thing, i.e. "air dry" is the same thing as "no heat dry". If diagnostic mode is achieved, all of the control panel lights will come on at the same time. If they do, press cancel twice to shut it off and then retest the unit. If some of the lights didn't come on, then we either have a control board problem or a control panel problem. Please repost with the results of these tests. Thanks.
    BigJoeO Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2011, 11:53 AM
    Thanks for that. - Where did you get this information?

All of the lights came on.
    Then it goes into normal cycle and then goes to quick rinse.
    It goes back and forth a bit with cycles and then shuts off.

Any ideas?

Thanks a bunch
    jpmoss Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2012, 02:00 PM
    Aren't these dishwashers great! Anyway, I did the reset by pressing the NORMAL WASH then NO HEAT DRY, NORMAL WASH then NO HEAT DRY, NORMAL WASH then NO HEAT DRY. My dishwasher then let me run it by choosing the same combo again and pressing START. It is on the third wash cycle right now and I will post whether it has actually reset or is just demon possessed upon completion! Hope this helps someone!
    hankathome Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2014, 06:02 AM
    I have a Kenmore Ultra Wash Dishwasher. Model 665.1602 purchased in 2005. The dishwasher stopped running during a cycle and the clean light would blink 7 times, pause, blink, etc.
    I pushed "heated wash" then "heated dry" quickly five times. All of the lights came on at once, then went out after a few seconds. The washer started in a cycle that must have been underway when the circuit froze. I pressed "cancel" twice and the dishwasher went back to its end of cycle mode.
    I set the dishwasher for the usual cycle that I run and it's working properly.
    toddtomlinson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2014, 03:39 PM
    YES! That cycle worked for me - thank you for saving me the service call. Did the heated, non-heated buttons and all the lights came on, then picked up where it left off in the last cycle. Pressed cancel and did cancel twice and now it works perfectly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore Dishwasher 665 Ultra Control Lock Reset? [ 3 Answers ]

I have researched previous unlock codes and can't find one that works. My Dishwasher is a Kenmore 665 Ultra 15951791. The upper latch got bent, my wife bent it to allow door to close and now the Control Lock light is on solid. This happened a couple of years ago and I found a reset code here on...

How do I reset my kenmore ultra wash dishwasher 665.15779990 [ 0 Answers ]

How do I reset my kenmore dishwasher ultra wash 665.15779990?

Kenmore Ultra Wash Dishwasher 665.17829 [ 0 Answers ]

Kenmore Ultra Wash Dishwasher 665.17829 had pots and pans light blinking. What is the reset code for this series. I have answers for 1700 series but does not refer to buttons I have.

Kenmore Ultra Wash Dishwasher 665.15829 [ 5 Answers ]

The "Quick Rinse" light is flashing and no other buttons work. I've read the reset answers given for other models, but not for my model. I do not have a "Heat Dry" button. Does anyone know the reset code for this model?

View more questions Search