Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tm_2367 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2010, 11:16 AM
    Hi, I have some concerns about my natural spring under my house and wanted to see if anyone could help me out.

First of all, the house if 5 years old. When we moved in 1 year ago, we bought it as a foreclosure, so we did not know anything about any previous information about it, and there was not water in the basement. As time went on my pump seemed to be going on once every 5-10 minutes.

My house it in the city, and yard really has not slope. As it is really flat all around. There was a tile put in when the house was built, but since the tile has no slope it fills up with water after and hour and makes a pond like area around where it enters and discharges.

This spring, I placed a 55 gal water tank outside my house, to use the water for my lawn and so forth. However, to my surprise it only takes the 55 gallon tank about 20-30 minutes to fill up. My pump and sprinkler could go 24/7 if I let it.

I live in Minnesota, so we do have very cold winters here.

Any advice on what I can do with the water, or who I should contact about this problem?

Thank you!

Just a quick add on note. My house it not near any streams, rivers, or lakes. And the ground around the house does not have any sink holes, or is it rapidly settling anywhere that I can see.

So, far it is just present through the amount of water the house pumps out from the sump pump basket.
    CHayn Posts: 177, Reputation: 10

Apr 17, 2010, 11:36 AM

Speedball tom has a really nice graphic of a drywell system I am sure he would be happy to post.
    I would also suggest you go the site of Pro Series Pumps and click on the gallons per kwatt hour link and check out how much you could save on your electric bill by having one of these high quality pumps installed. For your situation I would recommend you have the PS-C33 system installed. Once you read about all its features I am sure you will see that this is the best pump and backup system you could purchase.
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Apr 17, 2010, 02:59 PM

If u have the leaders from your gutters going to a dryer well, u can tap into that to take water away from house.

I have the same problem. When I installed my sump, went right into spring. Pump run for 3 days before it shut off. Now goes on about twice an hour if not raining. I split the run off to 2 down spouts. Each has its own dry well.

Good luck

Chuck
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 18, 2010, 05:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ;
    speedball tom has a really nice graphic of a drywell system I am sure he would be happy to post.
    And here it is. Good luck, Tom
    Attached Images

truck 41 Posts: 221, Reputation: 21

Apr 18, 2010, 04:30 PM

Just to be on the safe side I would check the water meter to make sure you don't have a leak on your water line somewhere.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Natural spring [ 3 Answers ]

How do I know if there's a natural spring underneath my 8 yr. old townhome that was built on a slab?

Natural spring? [ 2 Answers ]

Help! I just recently bought a house and after Monday's torrential rainstorm my basement and garage were flooded. I was told by my neighbors that I have a "natural spring" under my house. What does that mean? Am I always going to have water in my finished basement? What can I do to fix this problem?

Natural spring? [ 10 Answers ]

Help! I just recently bought a house and after Monday's torrential rainstorm my basement and garage were flooded. I was told by my neighbors that I have a "natural spring" under my house. What does that mean? Am I always going to have water in my finished basement? What can I do to fix this problem?

View more questions Search