Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    m_a_ibraheem Posts: 7, Reputation: 0

Apr 17, 2010, 10:18 AM
    Rar file error
    I have 3 rar files that contains one file splitted into 3 parts ,now the problem is that when trying to extract (from rar #1) it starts the operation but then stops saying CRC error
    How do I fix it
    CRC is acronym of Cyclic Redundancy Check yes I read the idiot term in PCmag and it refers to algorithm of compression or encryption or energizer bunny jam ,HOW THIS WILL HELP ME FIX ANY WAY??
    m_a_ibraheem Posts: 7, Reputation: 0

Apr 17, 2010, 10:23 AM

OK
    Found the answer
    One part needs to redownload
    Appzalien Posts: 540, Reputation: 57

Jun 11, 2013, 06:57 PM
    In a split compression, the first files should all be exactly the same size and only the last one is smaller as it finishes. It's an obvious clue as to which file did not complete unless the bad one is the last one. If they are all the same then sometimes you can repair the set without re downloading especially if the creator used a recovery record. You can test your files as they download using the right click context menu of windows by opening Winrar and going to Options > Settings > Integration and click on the Context Menu Items button. There you can add Test Archive to the right click context menu (and remove some you never use). Then as a few rars are downloaded, but before all of them are in, you can still test the set of the first ones as long as they're in order (sometimes the first one (.rar as opposed to .r01 or something is not the first to download) to see if any but the last (not finished yet) errors.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

RAR to MP3 file [ 2 Answers ]

Hwo to covert RAR file to MP3?

Can't open a rar file [ 2 Answers ]

Can't open a rar file

.rar file conversion [ 1 Answers ]

Microsoft Windows Vista Edition are giving .rar files which our Windows Xp, XP -Pro and Windows 2003 PC's cannot read how can I convert and what is the best converter?

RAR file to mp3 [ 1 Answers ]

What software should I need to convert a RAR file to mp3?

.RAR file [ 1 Answers ]

I downloaded a .RAR file and my media player won't play it, how do I get it to play it

View more questions Search