Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jliczbinska Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2010, 01:14 AM
    help with a riddle
    I need help with this riddle please help =) thanks

A Tennessee man was in court to be sentenced for theft.
    The judge told the man, "You may make a statement. If it is true, I'll sentence you to five years in prison. If it is false, I'll sentence you to ten years in prison."
    After the man made his statement, the judge decided to let him go free. What did the man say?
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Apr 17, 2010, 11:37 AM

Something that was neither true nor false.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Apr 17, 2010, 11:41 AM
    "You'll sentence me to ten years in prison."
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Apr 17, 2010, 12:00 PM

I like that... if it is true, then it becomes false, and if it is false, then it becomes true...
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Apr 17, 2010, 12:14 PM

He said "You'll sentence me to ten years in prison."

If it was true, then the judge would have to make it false by sentencing him to five years. If it was false, then he would have to give him ten years, which would make it true.

Rather than contradict his own word, the judge set the man free.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A riddle [ 7 Answers ]

Hi I have got a riddle can any one solve it It is I can be quick and then I'm deadly, I am a rock, shell and bone medley. If I was made into a man, I'd make people dream, I gather in my millions by ocean, sea and stream. Can any one work it out tell me if you can

Riddle me this [ 5 Answers ]

If there are 5 ladies and 5 apples in a basket, and all the ladies take one apple, how could one apple still be left in the basket? Can someone help with this riddle

A riddle [ 9 Answers ]

You are driving in a car at a constant speed. On your left side is a 'drop off', (The ground is 18-20 inches below the level you are traveling on), and on your right side is a fire engine traveling at the same speed as you. In front of you is a galloping horse, which is the same size as...

A Riddle [ 13 Answers ]

A blind man walks into a restaurant, takes a bite of a seagull sandwich then goes into the bathroom and shoot himself in the head. Why. A riddle my fiancé asked me and this one stumps me. :confused:

A little riddle [ 2 Answers ]

If you seen the batman movie with riddler in it, don't answer this please. However, for those of you who haven't seen it, or don't remember seeeing it, here is a riddle from the movie: We are 5 of an everyday sort, You can find us in A Tennis Court What are we?

View more questions Search