Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    passmeby Posts: 473, Reputation: 11

Apr 16, 2010, 03:14 PM
    Value of mobile home?
    Can someone help me figure an approximate value of a 1975 mobile home that is about 1000 sq ft with a 400 sq ft addition in a state of disrepair inside (needs major clean out and moderate work-interior walls need sheetrock, floors need repair etc)? It is a mobile home only, no land included (situated on a mobile home park with lot rents). Also, the owner says that at that time there were no titles for these, so it is being sold with a bill of sale. Is this correct and legal?

If someone can just give me a ballpark lower-end value for this home, it would be appreciated! As it is for the mobile home itself only, I am assuming the location/lot is of no correlation to the value of the home itself, correct?

Thanks for any help.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 16, 2010, 04:40 PM

Sorry, but not being able to see it, and I know for sure that mobile homes in that condition are just about of no value whatosever. Get someone to LOOK AT IT.

tick
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 16, 2010, 04:50 PM

Are they offering to pay you to move it off their property.

But 500 dollars or less if you are going to buy it with no title, have to move it and it needs repair and is 35 years old
    passmeby Posts: 473, Reputation: 11

Apr 18, 2010, 07:50 AM

Thanks a bunch. The thing I'm still unclear on is the title issue. I looked at the DMV site and it sounds like there isn't a title for homes 1996 and older. Well, either there is NO titles or there isn't a requirement to HAVE a title for it, thus my confusion... if there IS a title somewhere for it, I'd like to know just for my own security. But according to the DMV whether there IS or ISN'T a title (I'm still unclear on exactly WHAT trailers have titles! ), for 1996 or older the title doesn't have to be transferred or filed... If the title doesn't exist or doesn't have to be transferred or filed, then that's fine with me I'd just want to be 100% sure that there's no issues down the road with any liens or ownership problems.

If the home didn't have a title when it was manufactured, how would I certify that this guy is in fact the owner or is authorized to sell this thing? Would it have a VIN that I can check at the DMV or something? Where would I find a VIN on a mobile home? Because it's in a park, obviously I can't check tax records and such the traditional way, so I'm curious as to how exactly I'd make 100% certain I'm paying the right person (I seriously SERIOUSLY doubt this is a scam or that I'd have ANY issues, however I think it would be wise to at least find out what I can BEFORE putting up any money! Better safe than sorry! )

The trialer is in a park, it can stay or go. If it stays, I just take over the lot rent. So with that said, I assume I'd pay ONLY for what the max value of the trailer itself, I'm not paying AT ALL for location... correct? In other words, a trialer is worth whatever it's worth regardless of if it's in a great park or in a dumpy park... just like a car... right? I believe I am correct in saying this, as if I insure a mobile home, I can ONLY insure it for it's book value and nothing more... unlike a house where some of the value would be dependent on location.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mobile home. [ 4 Answers ]

If someone owns a mobile home without owning the land,can a lien be put on it? By a lawyer. Thank you for your help!

Conversion of mobile home to single family home [ 5 Answers ]

In 1995, we bought some land & moved a salvaged mobile home on it. The mobile wasn't permanent meaning we only needed to live in it until we could build our house. We first added onto the mobile a 12x60 section. We then began to tear down the mobile home & eventually added a front section. The...

Mobile home a/c [ 2 Answers ]

Changed a 4 ton to a 5 ton unit in a mobile home uped duct size 12 to a 14 feeding other side of moblie home . It is freezing up what could be going wrong

Garden Tub Faucet - Home of Legend mobile home [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, My sister has a leaky garden tub faucet. We can't determine how to access under the faucet. There is no access door. A closet is behind the faucet. When we remove the wallboard, we find the distance from the opening to the faucet too far away to access. Can you help? Thanks, Mary

View more questions Search