Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lucylu092910 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2010, 12:19 PM
    Custom made kitchen sinks
    I am having two kitchen sinks made. What is a standard size hole in the bottom of the sink for the main sink and what is the standard to a bar sink (this one is usually smaller). Usually there is some indentation around the hole, what should the overall opening be? What terminology should I use so that the sink maker knows what I am talking about?
    truck 41 Posts: 221, Reputation: 21

Apr 16, 2010, 09:03 PM

The sink maker should know what size of hole to make for a standard kitchen sink strainer, 3-1/2" is standard hole size, bar sinks can be 2" or 3-1/2" make sure you know what it is your going to install on the sink so you can get cut sheets on all fixtures to avoid making any costly mistakes. Ask your plumbing supplier for the sheets on all your fixtures. Goodluck ---zeke---
    lucylu092910 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2010, 09:55 PM

How do you 'rate' an answer? I am new and am not sure how this works. I would like to thank the person who answered but don't know how!
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Apr 16, 2010, 10:51 PM

... also, make sure your sink fabricator bevels edge of each drain hole to fit the drain flange. Otherwise, you will have water standing around the flange.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Apr 16, 2010, 11:31 PM

The "Comments on this post" is a rating. It's an agree/disagree with whatever comments you want to leave. I believe it's not available for a while for new members. It may take 5 posts to activate, not sure.

In general, we tend to use it for really good answers and really bad answers. Sometimes it gets used improperly: The poster doesn't like the response and disagrees or the poster SUGGESTS something and they disagree. Wrong answers generally don't get disagreement either. We try to allow the poster to explain his response.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Custom made clothing [ 7 Answers ]

I have found several websites where you submit your measurements and you can choose pretty much every aspect of the shirt or suit that you want such as color, color of cuffs, color of collars, number of buttons, type of buttons, patterns, etc... They send the measurements off to South-East Asia...

Custom Made Skin Lightening cream [ 10 Answers ]

I use this skin lightening cream that is custom blended by this lady who owns a skincare salon here in Newyork. Now I use her product and it is very expensive for just a small amount, but it seems like it's the only product that works for me. I'll go and say to myself I can't afford this crap but...

Should I have a Custom-made dress? [ 6 Answers ]

I was able to find a reputable and quality dressmaker nearby where I live who I am considering on going to to make my wedding dress. I already have made sketches of what I want my dress to look like, the color, the fabrics, etc. What I want isn't in stores and I've already looked and just leave...

Kitchen sinks won't drain at all [ 1 Answers ]

My double kitchen sink was a slow drain that has turned into a sink that does not drain at all. Help! If it is a venting problem where exactly do I look for a vent or an air admittance valve? These were mentioned in previous articles.. which is great if you know what and where they are! :) We...

Kitchen sinks is spitting up [ 1 Answers ]

I came home and noticed that my kitchen sink had released it's drain. I turned on the hot water to clean out the sink. Since it was slow draining I turned on the garbage disposal to assist. It helped, but as soon as I turned the garbage disposal off, the drain released all of the water that had...

View more questions Search