Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Apr 16, 2010, 10:06 AM
    Suddenly Excessive sneezing.
    I'm 46 years old and live in central Ohio. I'm not allergic to anything and have never experienced (or been told that I have) any "allergies".

Up to last week I rarely sneezed: Maybe once every 3 months at the most.

Starting this week I've had several sneezing jags: several times a day and 3-7 sneezes in a row. There are no other symptoms such as swollen eyes, difficulty breathing, etc.

Should I be concerned? Should I try something OTC? Any suggestions otherwise?

Thanks!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 16, 2010, 10:34 AM

Hi Rick, allergies can happen to us at any time in our lives. Body chemistry changes as we get older, so you really could have an allergy (in allergy season) which is right now in our part of the world.

I used to be allergic, then for many years I wasn't, now I have it back again. No swollen eyes, just the sneezing and the sinus activity. I take an OTC med, usually store brand, as I have found they are all the same.

You will have to wait it out and take something for it.

Tick
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Apr 16, 2010, 11:00 AM

Overly dry air can also make you sneeze. So can dust or other particles in the air, even if you aren't allergic to them.
    Uber Member

Apr 16, 2010, 11:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hheath541 View Post
    overly dry air can also make you sneeze. so can dust or other particles in the air, even if you aren't allergic to them.
    Very humid here always... and typical dust in my life... so I'm not sure if or how those things could be an issue.
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Apr 16, 2010, 11:12 AM

Yeah, I grew up in central Ohio, and I don't ever really remember the air being that dry. I just figured it was worth mentioning.

Do you sneeze more indoors or outdoors? Is there a certain area you always sneeze at? It can help narrow down what you might be allergic to if you take note of the things around you during those sneezing fits.

If you're outside, remember that anything upwind from you could be spreading pollen in your direction. Just because you can't see it, or it's a block away, doesn't mean it can't bother you.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 16, 2010, 11:24 AM

Think of it this way, Rick, the allergy season will end in a couple of weeks, if not already, but always a residue lingering for a few days after, but nothing actually that bothers me. Yes, I lived in Ohio for a bit once upon a time. Same climate as Ontario.

Tick
    Uber Member

Apr 16, 2010, 11:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    Think of it this way, Rick, the allergy season will end in a couple of weeks, if not already, but always a residue lingering for a few days after, but nothing actually that bothers me. Yes, I lived in Ohio for a bit once upon a time. Same climate as Ontario.

tick
    Sorry about your circumstances (moving from our great State) :)

Thanks for the replies. Have a great weekend!
    XxElfPrincessxX Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2012, 09:05 AM
    If you sneeze suddenly- it might be declines in temperature.

Did you break your nose/and or hurt it?

My boyfriend broke his nose a few days ago and now can't stop sneezing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sneezing [ 4 Answers ]

So, I work in a rather large building with a good amount of people on shift at any given time. 500+, pretty casual, as we're a gaming company, so everyone is pretty relaxed. Like, I can tell my boss (jokingly) to shut up, and he'll tell me to "hold the *eff* on" and stuff, and we're cool. The...

Doberman puppy Excessive Excessive biting. [ 9 Answers ]

I have read through all the other excessive biting posts.. I have a 3 month old female doberman puppy.. she BITES.. it might sound so simple, but its not.. I have scratch marks all over my legs and hands.. she has teeth an inch long and razor sharp.. It punctured by thumb today morn and I...

Sneezing cats [ 3 Answers ]

In March I had 2 cats shipped to me here in Montana. One was from Minnesota and the other from Alabama. Since the day they arrived they both sneeze and fling boogers like crazy. They have been through 3 different kinds of anibiotics and still sneezing. I'm beginning to think it is because we...

Sneezing Cat [ 3 Answers ]

I just adopted my cat and she is about 1 1/2 years old & in the last week has started to sneeze, frequently! Can you tell me why?:confused:

Sneezing Cat... [ 2 Answers ]

My Cat is 8 years old. I took her to the Vet about a week ago because she was weezing when sleeping... after an x-ray they seem to think she might have asma. They gave her corazone and her weezing has stopped. Now she is sneezing all the time. All night long she wakes up and sneezes for a couple of...

View more questions Search