Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nikiangela Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2010, 02:57 PM
    Pregnancy test question and pregnancy?
    Hey it's me again...
    Well, a few days before my period, I had cramping like I usually do before I get my period, but my period usually comes within a day or a couple hours after the cramping... I had mini cramps before my period for 3 days before it finally came. It was heavy like my periods normally are. I did have unprotected sex 5 days before my period, and since I had the weird mini cramps I decided to take a home pregnancy test after my period ended.. it came out negative... I am going to take another one on the 18th, two weeks since we last had sex. But do you think the test I took was accurate and legit, or do you think it was too soon to take a test? (yes I did get my period, but I know you can get your period and be pregnant)

My other question was is it more effective to pee on the stick, or pee in a cup and put the stick in?

And finally, Ever since my period ended, I have been dizzy and have had abdominal pains, not painful, just discomfort.
    So what could that be?
    Thank you so much!
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Apr 16, 2010, 08:41 AM

You can bleed while pregnant, but it would not be a heavy flow and not really a period...

Its hard to say if it was accurate enough - so taking another won't hurt.

I prefer using a cup - you can time it better and have more control to be sure you do things accurately. That's just my opinion though.

Just be sure to follow directions carefully and use first-morning urine.

Dizzy & abdominal pains -could be just about anything. Heck, I get that way because of my allergies!
    nikiangela Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2010, 12:01 PM

Right. I will... Someone else said, it seemed as if I was too late in my cycle to have a high chance of being pregnant, and that if my period didn't come, me taking that test would have been long enough to be accurate.
    But, time will tell the tale! Thank you!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No signs of pregnancy, negative pregnancy test, and period three days late. [ 4 Answers ]

My period is three days late now, and I was having cramps like I was going to start it, but then it never came. I've been worried, because me & my boyfriend have had sex unprotected, using the pull out method, & I have been reading about the "pre " thing, & I'm worried I got pregnant by that, but I...

2 weeks late on period, negative pregnancy test, got all pregnancy symptoms [ 7 Answers ]

I'm 15 days late on my pieord, I've done 8 hpt and all come back negative. I have most of the pregnancy symptoms. Can someone help? Has anyone been in this position and been pregnant?

Irregular periods, and pregnancy symptoms, but negative pregnancy test at home [ 19 Answers ]

Hi, Im 19 and I have had irregular periods since January of 09 My last normal period was on Nov 24 of 08 and then I was 13 days late for my period and it was really light. The next month I was only three days late, but my period was barely there. I have been experiencing many signs of pregnance,...

No period, negative pregnancy test, no signs of pregnancy [ 2 Answers ]

While I know that the month is not quite finished yet, I believe that my period is about two weeks late. I am not experiencing any symptoms of pregnancy (I know because I have a son) however earlier in the month I experienced breast tenderness for about a week and had a slightly brown discharge...

Pregnancy Question [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have been told recently that bloodtype has to do with falling pregnant, you have to have possitiive and a negative? Is this true? My partner and I are both negative, does that mean we can never have a baby? I look forward to hearing from you. Regards sglen

View more questions Search