Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

May 6, 2010, 09:44 PM

Hey there. A little late in coming. I don't think I've been on the cat forum for a couple of weeks at least.

There are places where you can post and see if you can get someone to take your kittens -- I mean on the internet where anyone can see it. There are people willing to drive to pick up a cat so that it can have a good home rather than live under the circumstances you are describing.

I know why you can't afford them. I can afford more than you, but I don't want even one more because I simply can't add that into the budget - I certainly couldn't add several more, and it does start getting expensive.

If you want to PM me, I can post on the groups I'm on and get word out that there are kittens available. People do this all the time so they won't think it's a big deal. Obviously there isn't any guarantee anyone would take them, but it doesn't hurt for me to make the post and see. I've seen people volunteer to even do like tag-team driving to get a cat to a new home several states away -- and they certainly wouldn't do that if they weren't planning on taking good care of it.

Just as a note, I'd promise someone I was taking a kitten from that I'd neuter it, but I would never pay a deposit -- not to an unknown stranger. Not being willing to pay a deposit has nothing to do with whether they are going to be a good owner, but everything to do with safety. I just wouldn't do it.

Let me know.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 6, 2010, 09:53 PM
    Yo, morgaine -- have you see the photos and videos of the kittens? They're on a different thread that hheath started, the "Edith" one, I believe. Hheath takes pix every Monday. The kittens are five-plus weeks old now.
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

May 6, 2010, 10:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by morgaine300 View Post
    Hey there. A little late in coming. I don't think I've been on the cat forum for a couple of weeks at least.

There are places where you can post and see if you can get someone to take your kittens -- I mean on the internet where anyone can see it. There are people willing to drive to pick up a cat so that it can have a good home rather than live under the circumstances you are describing.

I know why you can't afford them. I can afford more than you, but I don't want even one more because I simply can't add that into the budget - I certainly couldn't add several more, and it does start getting expensive.

If you want to PM me, I can post on the groups I'm on and get word out that there are kittens available. People do this all the time so they won't think it's a big deal. Obviously there isn't any guarantee anyone would take them, but it doesn't hurt for me to make the post and see. I've seen people volunteer to even do like tag-team driving to get a cat to a new home several states away -- and they certainly wouldn't do that if they weren't planning on taking good care of it.

Just as a note, I'd promise someone I was taking a kitten from that I'd neuter it, but I would never pay a deposit -- not to an unknown stranger. Not being willing to pay a deposit has nothing to do with whether they are going to be a good owner, but everything to do with safety. I just wouldn't do it.

Let me know.
    That would be amazing. Can you post links to the sites? I'll join and post pictures and everything for people. I would love for my babies to have good homes, rather than have to make do with whoever is willing to adopt them from around here.

If it works out, then hopefully I'll be able to help my mom. She adopted a kitten she was told was only 4 months old. Well, kitten is pregnant.
    Uber Member

May 6, 2010, 10:25 PM

You'll have to give me time to find the sites... people tend to post on the groups I'm on, some of which you have to be a member of to post. But I've seen them put links up to other places where you can list what you have, so I will try to find one of those for you.

If you get something listed, I can then post on my member-only groups and put the link up to it.
    Experts

May 6, 2010, 10:46 PM

OK, sounds good.
    Uber Member

May 6, 2010, 10:51 PM

You know, it might help if you'd PM me and let me know the approximate area you're in. If you don't want anyone here knowing where you are, we're going to have to end up doing this through the PM anyway.
    Experts

May 6, 2010, 10:57 PM

North-east Ohio.

I'm not worried that anyone's going to track me down and stalk me, or anything. Anyone who's read even part of my posts on here will realize I have nothing worth stealing.
    Uber Member

May 6, 2010, 10:59 PM

You have kittens worth stealing. :-)

Actually, that sounds familiar. I think I already knew you were in Ohio and forgot.

Thanks. I'm kind of done for the night, but I'll get back to you.
    Experts

May 6, 2010, 11:03 PM

OK. It's getting late in all corners of the us.

There's nut a huge rush, anyway. The kittens have a few weeks before they can leave mommy. They're not eating much solid food, yet, and aren't using the litter box.

They decided, today, that the play cubes I bought them were good enough. Peed in one and pooped in the other. I sprayed them down with vinegar, and they get them back when they dry.
    Uber Member

May 8, 2010, 02:22 AM

OK, one person recommended:
    Pet adoption: Want a dog or cat? Adopt a pet on Petfinder

I found that on my own, but it looked like there were 3 billion cats on there already. However, wherever you list, I can always put a link to it on my groups to get it some attention. (I hope.) And you can put pics there.

I found a place called Best Friends Network that suggested the above link. But they also state they can give you more sites if you email them at [email protected].

I've also been trying to find rescue groups, especially in your vicinity, or at least in your state, and not having a lot of luck with that one. The ones I've found thus far either don't take them from individual people or just don't have room. Although they do usually have recommendations of places to get spay/neuters done for cheap and such like that. At any rate, that Best Friends Network gave a number you can call to see if there's a rescue anywhere near you:
    1-888-PETS-911
    (If you do try to call a rescue place, I would stress that you "took in" a pregnant cat, so that they understand you are not trying to just get rid of a cat you decided you don't want. None of them want to deal with someone who just doesn't want their cat anymore.)

I know you have time, but it can also take time to get stuff like this done, so I'd get started. I'll check back in later, and also see if anyone else had any more suggestions. (I don't think I've even checked my email again today.)
    Experts

May 8, 2010, 05:30 PM

Thank you. I'm looking at both those sites, right now.
    Heatherbro Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2011, 10:21 AM
    Don't wait on the rabies shot. It is too much of a risk. Also, my friend was waiting on her cat to reach 6 month to be spayed. At 6 1/2 months old that kitty had 6 kittens. Surprise. So early spay is the better way to go, they are worse than rabbits when reproducing and more kittens are killed every year due to accidental litters. Our kitten is beautiful and very very nice. We got him the day they were going to kill him. I asked to be on a list to take the next kitten being killed and they called with a list of 10. It was very hard to take only 1 knowing the other 9 would die that day. All babies
    Experts

Jul 15, 2011, 06:08 PM

This thread is more than a year old, and now closed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Whale rabies [ 1 Answers ]

If whales are mammals then couldn't they theoreticly get rabies? Haha mabey that's were sea foam comes from. Just kidding.

Age to give puppies 1st shots and wormer [ 1 Answers ]

I have 9 red, red nose american bull terriors that are 1 week old today.I was wondering if anyone could tell me how old they should be before I give them their first shots and worm them? ...

Rabies shots [ 3 Answers ]

Is it OK to get a dog that might be pregenet a rabies shot

Rabies [ 7 Answers ]

My dog has an auto immune disorder my vet has suggested no more vaccinations except for rabies. Her disorder is very rare and I am worried if we get the rabie shot that her health will be at jeopardy. She is 5 years old and has been vaccinated until she was 3. Is the rabie shot mandatory I live in...

Can a dog get rabies when he has his shots [ 3 Answers ]

My dog got into a tussle with a possom. We think he got bit but he has his rabies shots. Is it possible he can get rabies from this? Thank you for your time.

View more questions Search